Major drought in GA predicted this summer. But hey......

Good news/ Bad news, I guess. Since there's no El Nino this year, the projection of named storms for the S.E. United States has gone up. Might be the only way we can end this damned drought. :homer:

Good news/ Bad news, I guess. Since there's no El Nino this year, the projection of named storms for the S.E. United States has gone up. Might be the only way we can end this damned drought. :homer:

They predicted the hurricane season last year would be even worse than the year before that. Guess what happened? Nada.

2006 predictions and results

Sounds like these guys are just throwing darts at the wall to me.

All I know is we moved into a house we built on April 5th. It has rained a grand total of ONE day since then. I'm having to water the new sod 2-3 times per day and my water bill was $238.00.

We need some rain.

Did I mention that we need some rain?

All I know is we moved into a house we built on April 5th. It has rained a grand total of ONE day since then. I'm having to water the new sod 2-3 times per day and my water bill was $238.00.

We need some rain.

I'll get the sticks, you light the fire. We'll make it rain the only way I know how - RAIN DANCE.

We need some rain.

I'll get the sticks, you light the fire. We'll make it rain the only way I know how - RAIN DANCE.

Couple of white guys dancing...hmm it might rain tears from laughing so hard.

They predicted the hurricane season last year would be even worse than the year before that. Guess what happened? Nada.

2006 predictions and results

Sounds like these guys are just throwing darts at the wall to me.

That was the point of bringing up El Nino. The reason ( excuse ) as to why last yr's predictions busted was that they didn't think to take into account about how much the El Nino winds would subdue the hurricane creating zone out off the waters of Western Africa. With no such winds this summer, the yield for more hurricanes is expected.

Wonder what they'll use NEXT year for an excuse <_<

You could also use the Pacman Jones method of making it rain.

Archived