Saban violates NCAA rules last week

RVTiger

Tip of the iceberg.

Why would you blatantely break the rules in the backyard of an area that hates your guts? I know you Bammers like to call him a genius, but it seems pretty stupid to me.

Tip of the iceberg.

Why would you blantely break the rules in the backyard of an area that hates your guts? I know you Bammers like to call him a genius, but it seems pretty stupid to me.

Oh, well. I'm off to read Cosmo and have an appletini!

Tip of the iceberg.

Why would you blantely break the rules in the backyard of an area that hates your guts? I know you Bammers like to call him a genius, but it seems pretty stupid to me.

These accusations are the least of your worries BP. Just sit back and enjoy the show.

Tip of the iceberg.

CHATTER

Four months after his criticized departure from the Dolphins, Alabama coach Nick Saban received a celebrity-type reception at one school when he returned here for a recruiting trip last week. ''The faculty was excited,'' Fort Lauderdale Dillard coach Keith Franklin said. Security guards and administrators requested pictures with Saban, and he obliged. 'They said, `We love you here at Dillard,' '' Franklin said.

Miami Northwestern defensive tackle Marcus Fortson and Hollywood Chaminade-Madonna linebacker Jordan Futch -- two of the top junior prospects in South Florida -- spoke with Saban and said he left a good impression. ''Good guy,'' Futch said.

Saban also approached Northwestern offensive lineman Brandon Washington, a UM oral commitment. 'He asked me if my heart was in Miami. I said, `No,' '' Washington said, adding there's a good chance he will sign with UM but wants to take other visits. Washington said the way Saban left the Dolphins ''bothered me'' and ''was on my mind,'' and he might not consider Alabama.

But Saban's request to visit Fort Lauderdale St. Thomas Aquinas was denied by coach George Smith, who noted it was nothing personal. After Mike Shula was fired, Smith sent a letter to Alabama's athletic director and president stating Bama's coaches weren't welcome on his campus because of how Shula's dismissal ''was handled.'' Saban, who recruited South Florida well as Louisiana State's coach, didn't have a Dade or Broward player in his first Bama signing class.

Try again BP.

Hey, since saban hasn't signed the contract yet he can just pack up and leave at any time......right?

Hey, since saban hasn't signed the contract yet he can just pack up and leave at any time......right?

aint gonna happen dude... stop dreaming..!!

He can pack up and leave at any time even after he signs the contract. The contract is guaranteed money and has no buyout clause in it.

Didn't some guy named Price or something like that, leave before ever coaching a game? Let's see...then there was this guy from West Virginia.....Spanish sounding name. Dominguez, Sanchez, Rodriguez? Whatever. Anyway, didn't he accept the job and then decide Tuxaloser wasn't the place for him? And now "S" The Coach, has only been there a few months, hasn't coached a game, hasn't signed a contract and is already committing recruiting violations????

Hmmmm......naahh, you're right. Ain't gonna' happen.

I think The Bachelor is dreamy.

heh...nice try kid. This ain't your board amigo...

And by the way, I think that the calling on the cell phone is more discriminating than passing by while visiting and having small talk. Saban went out of his way to tal to the kid one on one. But what do you expect? Bama has given Saban a god-complex and he probably has to think he is untouchable.

I have to admit. I used to like Saban. I liked him at LSU, and at Miami, and I was one of the main people taking up for him and saying Bama got a hell of a deal when he came on board. But I am really starting to hate this guy, and it has nothing to do wth him being coach at Alabama....NONE. I hate the way he thinks he is better than everyone, I hate the way he treats other people, and I hate the way he is starting to think the rules don't apply to him. I hate arrogance.

I think The Bachelor is dreamy.

heh...nice try kid. This ain't your board amigo...

And by the way, I think that the calling on the cell phone is more discriminating than passing by while visiting and having small talk. Saban went out of his way to tal to the kid one on one. But what do you expect? Bama has given Saban a god-complex and he probably has to think he is untouchable.

I have to admit. I used to like Saban. I liked him at LSU, and at Miami, and I was one of the main people taking up for him and saying Bama got a hell of a deal when he came on board. But I am really starting to hate this guy, and it has nothing to do wth him being coach at Alabama....NONE. I hate the way he thinks he is better than everyone, I hate the way he treats other people, and I hate the way he is starting to think the rules don't apply to him. I hate arrogance.

I'll have to finish this conversation later. I've got to go feed my 30 cats.

According to radio/t.v. these are secondary minor violations. The issue to me is that this is not some out of the ordinary rule that he accidently broke. This is one of those rules coaches know about and it is pretty clear cut. You can "greet" the kid and say "hello". That is it. From what I have read and heard, Saban blatantly violated this by having conversations and "recruiting" these kids. Not "evaluating". It seems to be puposeful.

According to radio/t.v. these are secondary minor violations. The issue to me is that this is not some out of the ordinary rule that he accidently broke. This is one of those rules coaches know about and it is pretty clear cut. You can "greet" the kid and say "hello". That is it. From what I have read and heard, Saban blatantly violated this by having conversations and "recruiting" these kids. Not "evaluating". It seems to be puposeful.

Exactly!!

See part of my above post when I said Saban is starting to think the rules don't apply to him.

Exactly!!

See part of my above post when I said Saban is starting to think the rules don't apply to him.

Is it too late in the spring to still be wearing black loafers with khakis?

from a Canesports dude:

Re: That didn't take long. Recruits say Saban breaking rules. Reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For what its worth, Brandon Washington posts from time to time on our board and said there wasn't contact b/n him and Satan. However, the owner of Canesport believes there was contact, but out of respect for BW he took down the article after a few hours. Don't know who to believe here to be honest with you

Didn't some guy named Price or something like that, leave before ever coaching a game? Let's see...then there was this guy from West Virginia.....Spanish sounding name. Dominguez, Sanchez, Rodriguez? Whatever. Anyway, didn't he accept the job and then decide Tuxaloser wasn't the place for him? And now "S" The Coach, has only been there a few months, hasn't coached a game, hasn't signed a contract and is already committing recruiting violations????

Sooooooo.... to summarize your brilliant and impressive argument.... Nick Saban will leave bama because and only because another coach in 2001 had left and a caoch from a spanish heritage decided not to sign with Alabama...

yeah yeah.. i see the obvious connection.. what was i thinking.. this is an open and shut case.. I guess afterall logical thinking is a bit overrated.. <_<

then following your logic, now that Saban will leave, then it's inevitable that Boise State will win the WAC.. right??

Sooooooo.... to summarize your brilliant and impressive argument.... Nick Saban will leave bama because and only because another coach in 2001 had left and a caoch from a spanish heritage decided not to sign with Alabama...

yeah yeah.. i see the obvious connection.. what was i thinking.. this is an open and shut case.. I guess afterall logical thinking is a bit overrated.. <_<

then following your logic, now that Saban will leave, then it's inevitable that Boise State will win the WAC.. right??

Hey, this is your program. We're just sitting on the sidelines watching the carnival. You gotta' admit, it'd be tough to make this stuff up. :poke:

10 Things I Hate About Saban

aint gonna happen dude... stop dreaming..!!

What, is he shooting for a raise from $32 million?

But, remember, as they pointed out in the Tidesports article, 2nd paragraph: everyone else does it, so it's ok.

Guys listen. Just lay off, okay? Just because "S" hasn't signed a contract and just because he's already being accused of recruiting violations and just because it's rumored that if the Reggie Bush thing gets legs that Pete Carroll will....

Just lay off "S"...the Coach.

whatever happened to the rumors like a month ago that marie robbins had supposedly turned us in for a violation? you know, the one that everyone here swore just HAD to be true because it was on message boards but nobody still knows anything about? the tidesports article says he MAY have violated an NCAA rule. you guys are so eager to have something you make a mountain out of a molehill. its funny, you guys say rivals is garbage and can't be trusted.....until they say something bad about bama. you also say the tuscaloosa news is garbage and can't be trusted....but oh, now they're on the story so since its negative about bama it has to be true. you can't have it both ways. i would be happy if they investigated every little BS claim that whatever message board comes up with, because its getting old. if there is a violation, fine, lets deal with it. but if not, the rumors and stuff are getting old.

Archived