Whoa! Look at this hog this Bama boy shot!

It was simply7 a neighbors family pet....BFD.

Can we shoot BP then? He is kind of like the board pet.

capt.a380d39070604b3a99b8346b8522a57c.monster_pig_aljr601.jpg?x=380&y=256&sig=JcZWByxqrkeeQHEkkQHzqA--

Shoot fire, BP!! Better break out the grill, the Natural Lite, TV, VCR and tapes of the '92 NC and have ya self a good 'ol time!

Did he use a tank, Jesus what kind of artillery did he use to bring that down?

Did he use a tank, Jesus what kind of artillery did he use to bring that down?

.50 cal colt revolver. 8 total shots.

He had to at least shoot it ten times with a colt.

Can some of you farkmeisters put a Rosie face on that thing?

I'M SORRY! I'M SORRY! (Now, try to get that hideous image out of your head!)

An animal that grew to an enormous size and he killed it. Sounds old, dumb and boring.

Hunting with my father and grandfather was one of the things I most enjoyed growing up. They taught me the 3 main rules for hunting. First, you killed the animal on your first shot (or never took a shot unless you had a good chance to drop it with one). To do otherwise was shameful. Second, we only killed what we were going to eat. Third, we never killed an animal that had young.

I know where my meat comes from and I have no problem with hunting. This wasn't hunting. These rednecks should be put out in that enclosure and hunted like this pig. Shoot the **** out of them with a high powered pellet rifle for 3 hours and let them experience a little of what this pig felt.

"Canned hunts" are nothing more than a stain on real hunting and should be outlawed.

Hunting with my father and grandfather was one of the things I most enjoyed growing up. They taught me the 3 main rules for hunting. First, you killed the animal on your first shot (or never took a shot unless you had a good chance to drop it with one). To do otherwise was shameful. Second, we only killed what we were going to eat. Third, we never killed an animal that had young.

I know where my meat comes from and I have no problem with hunting. This wasn't hunting. These rednecks should be put out in that enclosure and hunted like this pig. Shoot the **** out of them with a high powered pellet rifle for 3 hours and let them experience a little of what this pig felt.

"Canned hunts" are nothing more than a stain on real hunting and should be outlawed.

Turns out the pig was farm raised and had no fear of humans. It was sold to the "hunting" camp and turned loose in the woods a week or two before these idiot assclowns showed up with their Dirty Harry pieces. As it was accustomed to human contact, I don't imagine these two fools had to do much hunting. Chances are the hog sought them out hoping to get fed when they started blasting at it like redneck rambos.

I'm with you 100%. Turn that fat ass punk and his dumb ass dad out naked in the woods and give me a couple of pellet pistols.

So you're saying if you saw a 1000 pound hog wandering through the woods and you were hunting you wouldn't shoot it?

I do agree though that it's ridiculous that they killed it with eight pistol shots when they could've just shot it once or twice in the head with a high powered rifle and taken it that way, and to be honest I don't really consider shooting anything with a gun "hunting", anyone with half-decent eyesight and enough strength to lift a gun can do that, not saying you should go out hunting with spears, just saying that I'm never really one to think that a person can brag about anything they kill with a gun.

No, I'm not saying that at all. If the hog had a sporting chance, I'd take it. I'm not going to walk around an enclosure shooting at a family pet with a Colt handgun. That's cruel. These rednecks are the kind of people that give real hunters a bad name.

First of all you guys need to get your facts straight. The boy and his father were not aware the pig was a family pet that was sold to the hunting plantation owner. Now, the hunting guides were well aware of the situation. Second, what's the big deal about killing the pig. When we used to raise hogs on our farm we would walk into the pen with a pistol, rifle or whatever you desired and shoot them before taking them to the slaughter house. That's the way it is done. Third, I assume most of you have never been hog hunting or you would understand how hard it is to kill one. Now someone made a comment about shooting an animal with a gun being so easy, while I agree it is easier to kill with a gun than it is a bow there is whole lot more that goes into a successful hunt than just pulling the trigger. I enjoy hunting with both both weapons. Lastly, anyone who has much experience with guns knows how much more difficult it is to hunt with a pistol versus a rifle so atleast give the 11 year old a little credit. I must say that it is regrettable and puts a black eye on the sport of hunting.

Why not sneak a pistol into a petting zoo then? Same thing as what happened here. I've hunted wild hogs before and I know how difficult it is to kill one. Still doesn't excuse what went on in this case. At least out in the wild, the pig has a chance. They should have taken the pig, tied it to 4 stakes and had the boy walk up and shoot it in the head. It would have been easier on all involved.

Why not sneak a pistol into a petting zoo then? Same thing as what happened here. I've hunted wild hogs before and I know how difficult it is to kill one. Still doesn't excuse what went on in this case. At least out in the wild, the pig has a chance. They should have taken the pig, tied it to 4 stakes and had the boy walk up and shoot it in the head. It would have been easier on all involved.

I agree with you I just wanted to make sure that everyone knew the boy was not aware the pig was brought in. Alot of people on this board are talking about the different kinds of harsh punishment they would inflict on the boy.

I was the one that initially proposed shooting the kid and his dad in the ass with a pellet gun. The kids dad would get 2 shots for every one his kid got, just for being a dummy. His dad failed him in this instance. Instead of teaching him responsible hunting lessons, he handed him the pistols and said, "go get 'em boy." 16 hits this pig took. That is never acceptable. After the kids 2nd shot, his dad should have taken the gun and put the animal out of its misery.

This is what got me:

Jamison, who killed his first deer at age 5, was hunting with father Mike Stone and two guides in east Alabama on May 3 when he bagged Monster Pig. He said he shot the huge animal eight times with a .50-caliber revolver and chased it for three hours through hilly woods before finishing it off with a point-blank shot.

Through it all, there was the fear that the animal would turn and charge them, as wild boars have a reputation for doing.

"I was a little bit scared, a little bit excited," said Jamison, who lives in Pickensville on the Mississippi border. He just finished the sixth grade on the honor roll at Christian Heritage Academy, a small, private school.

His father said that, just to be extra safe, he and the guides had high-powered rifles aimed and ready to fire in case the beast, with 5-inch tusks, decided to charge.

If I'm a father, I don't care what kind of gun I give him, I'm not going to put my 11-yr-old son at risk trying to stop an 800-1000 wild boar (as it was believed at the time).

I don't care how many rifles are around for safety, if the boar does charge there is always a risk that

1) the safety shots miss or don't bring it down, and/or

2) one of all those rifle bullets goes astray in the excitement and hits my son.

This is what got me:

Jamison, who killed his first deer at age 5, was hunting with father Mike Stone and two guides in east Alabama on May 3 when he bagged Monster Pig. He said he shot the huge animal eight times with a .50-caliber revolver and chased it for three hours through hilly woods before finishing it off with a point-blank shot.

Through it all, there was the fear that the animal would turn and charge them, as wild boars have a reputation for doing.

"I was a little bit scared, a little bit excited," said Jamison, who lives in Pickensville on the Mississippi border. He just finished the sixth grade on the honor roll at Christian Heritage Academy, a small, private school.

His father said that, just to be extra safe, he and the guides had high-powered rifles aimed and ready to fire in case the beast, with 5-inch tusks, decided to charge.

If I'm a father, I don't care what kind of gun I give him, I'm not going to put my 11-yr-old son at risk trying to stop an 800-1000 wild boar (as it was believed at the time).

I don't care how many rifles are around for safety, if the boar does charge there is always a risk that

2) one of all those rifle bullets goes astray in the excitement and hits my son.

Yeah I agree. I take my little girls deerhunting but they are not ready to go hunting wild boar just yet. A typical wild boar will turn on you in a heartbeat. I have seen grown men chased up sapplings. Just a little side not though, I was watching Ted Nugent the other day on T.V. and it took him 3 shots to kill a wild boar that might have went 250-300lbs. Just goes to show you how difficult it is to kill a hog.

Just goes to show you how difficult it is to kill a hog.

Just ask Tuberville. :(

LMAO!!!! I hope it don't take him 8 shots.

http://www.al.com/birminghamnews/stories/i....xml&coll=2

Here is the article that was in the Bham news today, about the pig being sold to the hunting camp. I thought that hog was a freak of nature, but I have seen some farm raised pigs around the 1000 lbs quite a few times over the years.

Here is the article that was in the Bham news today, about the pig being sold to the hunting camp. I thought that hog was a freak of nature, but I have seen some farm raised pigs around the 1000 lbs quite a few times over the years.

http://www.monsterpig.com/

To get the whole truth just read this article.

http://www.monsterpig.com/

To get the whole truth just read this article.

http://www.monsterpig.com/dad's%20letter.htm

The purpose of this hunt was to give Jamison the opportunity to challenge himself and with this challenge the opportunity to overcome fear and accomplish something that would not be easily done. As he is becoming a young man, I wanted to see if the stuff I had been given him over the years would be the right stuff and if he had enough of it to rise to this and other challenges that life would surly have in store. I have disciplined my children over the years quiet regularly and many times have heard them say that their friends did not receive the same punishment. My response has always been "I am not trying to raise another child I am trying to raise a Champion".

So let me get this right. Shooting a domesticated animal cornered in an enclosure and CLAIMING it is a wild boar is the stuff of Champions?

That's not hunting. I know what hunting is. "Tracking" an animal in an enclosure is like shooting fish in a barrel. Please wake up and change your life before you inherit any more of this redneck stupidity from your parents.

Oh, I see he is wearing a Crimson A. He likely just got confused by all the MNCs CLAIMED by most of the Bama fans and decided that CLAIMING/Fictionalizing a Wild Boar kill is just as valid.

Go read the site some. It amazes me that these so-called Christians claim this kill was of real importance. A domesticated pig was killed by a boy packing a .50 pistol. BFD.

BTW, the Blissits describe the pig as "being so gentle and sweet" and the Dad describes it as a very aggressive Wild Boar hog. Well I guess if someone was shooting me full of .50 holes I could become aggressive too. While the actions of the Dad and others were not illegal, anyone can definitely see them as VERY MISLEADING. He did identify the hog as a Wild Boar, it is not, and the family has not apologized for misleading the World about that fact.

This is what got me:

Yeah I agree. I take my little girls deerhunting but they are not ready to go hunting wild boar just yet. A typical wild boar will turn on you in a heartbeat. I have seen grown men chased up sapplings. Just a little side not though, I was watching Ted Nugent the other day on T.V. and it took him 3 shots to kill a wild boar that might have went 250-300lbs. Just goes to show you how difficult it is to kill a hog.

I’m not a hunter of wild hogs or a hunter at all but I’ve heard several stories about hunting wild hogs. The stories I’ve heard have always emphasized how aggressive they are. The story I most vividly recall is of former Miss. St. and MLB player Will Clark. He was chased into his vehicle and a wild hog rammed it and damaged the vehicle. That’s what made me think there was something funny about this story. I read that he shot the hog at point blank range. I thought if this were a wild hog that it would have most defiantly charged or tried to attack the boy.

Archived