He lit it up at Polk High, wasn't it? :huh: :huh: :lol::lol:

4 touchdowns in one game!!! :D

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd rather have Al Bundy...

About like your OC is lighting it up at Tuscaloosa High, Oops I mean U of A.

When you guys have a winning record again I'll let you come on and make fun of us. Until then why don't you worry about your own mess!!!!!!

War Eagle 28-23, 2 in a row, and 3 out of the last 4!!!!

I'll take Borges over Rader anyday

About like your OC is lighting it up at Tuscaloosa High, Oops I mean U of A.

When you guys have a winning record again I'll let you come on and make fun of us. Until then why don't you worry about your own mess!!!!!!

War Eagle 28-23, 2 in a row, and 3 out of the last 4!!!!

I'll take Borges over Rader anyday

Never watched Married with Children eh? In no way was I making fun of AU's offensive coordinator, but ok. Funny that you only attack a bammer that you THINK is making fun of AU's oc, when there is numerous post on this thread alone calling TT ignorant. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Never have I seen such a collection of coaching experts convened at one site, even if Raven did pad the number by making several of his positive appearances.

I will wait and see what Mr. Borges brings. If his hiring was a mistake, then he and the perp will be gone very soon. If not, so much the better.

It's too bad Tuberville didn't call some of you guys for your input. Then he wouldn't have messed up so badly.

"Gee Peg...why do things like this have to happen to me? Why can't they happen to somebody who really deserves it...like Michael Bolton!"

Sorry guys...but Tubs had the good will and support of the fans...could've picked between two great coordinators...AND SCREWED IT UP!!!

I hope I am DEAD wrong...but unfortunately, I doubt that I am.... :angry:

We demoted an OC that had the 60-sdomething offense in the country...and went for 90 PLUS!!! I cannot believe this crap! I am so disappointed that I am beside myself with..........GRIEF. There's just no other way to describe how I feel...it's like somebody died. :(

P.S. I don't give a rat's behind what he did in the friggin' Pac 10 nine years ago!

Never have I seen such a collection of coaching experts convened at one site, even if Raven did pad the number by making several of his positive appearances.

I will wait and see what Mr. Borges brings. If his hiring was a mistake, then he and the perp will be gone very soon. If not, so much the better.

It's too bad Tuberville didn't call some of you guys for your input. Then he wouldn't have messed up so badly.

Most of the posts I read were just people giving their opinions. No need to be a smart aleck. Going on six years and we are still waiting for tubs to turn it around. People are just a little worried and venting about it. Another thing this board is for.

I'm not ready to say this was a bad decision. I do have some serious doubts though. I hope for his anf tubs and most importantly that for AU's sake that this works out. Tubs is a great recruiter, if he can just find asst's capable of running the team we should be in good shape.

The man is 31 yrs old. He is still being molded into a good oc.

I was disappointed when I saw who was hired, but I think that this guy COULD be effective.

I read that at first too kg. He actually has 31 yrs.exp.

The man is 31 yrs old. He is still being molded into a good oc.

I was disappointed when I saw who was hired, but I think that this guy COULD be effective.

AL Borges is 56, if that is who you are referring to.

I will wait and see what Mr. Borges brings.  If his hiring was a mistake, then he and the perp will be gone very soon.  If not, so much the better.

It's too bad Tuberville didn't call some of you guys for your input.  Then he wouldn't have messed up so badly.

Most of the posts I read were just people giving their opinions. No need to be a smart aleck. Going on six years and we are still waiting for tubs to turn it around. People are just a little worried and venting about it. Another thing this board is for.

Absolutely correct. You can have your opinion, and we can have ours. And by the way, all us coaching experts thought Nall Ball was a bad idea too! :angry:

And to blindly defend the stupid is well....you get the idea.

I pray he does great things at AU, I just have my doubts if you don't mind!

http://www.dailycal.org/article.php?id=4224

Great, we hired a mediocre, journeyman OC who has chased the dollars in the past. So much for stability Tubbs. He had a short stay at home (UC), wonder why? Well, the only positive thing I can say about this hire, is that Teflon Tubby has finally cost himself his job. Now we should stop worrying about the OC... the HC position should be available by oh, say, December 2004. If CTT thinks that just because Walker and Housel were/are to be fired, that he has a free pass for next season, he has miscalculated (again). Lose 4 games this season Tubby, and you will be looking for employment during the Christmas holidays. :angry:

:au:

Absolutely correct. You can have your opinion, and we can have ours. And by the way, all us coaching experts thought Nall Ball was a bad idea too! :angry:

And to blindly defend the stupid is well....you get the idea.

I pray he does great things at AU, I just have my doubts if you don't mind!

A lot of people tried to tell Tubby (last spring/summer) that, that "system" with Nalsminger would not work. Look at what happened when Bama used that same approach to the offense. It was a DISASTER. Nope, CTT was too smart. He KNEW what was right for the team. :lol:

I really don't understand all the negativity. What have people got against this guy? Why is he a bad choice? Everybody who's talking him down is giving NO REASON for it.

I really don't understand all the negativity. What have people got against this guy? Why is he a bad choice? Everybody who's talking him down is giving NO REASON for it.

IU was 98th in the nation in overall offense.

Spence: 11th

Montgomery: 2nd

Heck Nall had AU at 61. This hire makes Nall look like Bill Walsh... Why demote Nall for Borges??? Spence or Montgomery, yes. Borges, no way in...

Is that enough of a reason?

Heck Nall had AU at 61. This hire makes Nall look like Bill Walsh... Why demote Nall for Borges??? Spence or Montgomery, yes. Borges, no way in...

You seem to be forgetting to mention his tenure at UCLA. You construct your argument as if he started coaching last year.

Borges has two facets of experience that I am interested in. He has experience developing players (which requires no explanation). He also has experience orchestrating and executing a "West Coast" offense. His objectives are to move the football effectively and/or rapidly, and to assemble the team required to do so. Having a look at his record reveals that he has been able to do both rather successfully throughout his career. That he is a "career assistant" means nothing to me.

He may prove to be a disappointment, but he could also prove to be immensely successful. Tuberville thinks he is the right man, and I think he deserves the opportunity to demonstrate his ability.

With the players that Indiana has, they wouldn't have been any better with Bear Bryant as HC, Steve Spurrier as OC & Bob Stoops & Bill Oliver as co-DC's. :rolleyes:

With the players that Indiana has, they wouldn't have been any better with Bear Bryant as HC, Steve Spurrier as OC & Bob Stoops & Bill Oliver as co-DC's. :rolleyes:

Thats not a valid argument. I just think we should all gather around a drink our kool-aid.

Please. We are upset cause we coulda had a 5 star running back but settled for the 2 star because we didn't think he would go pro after 2 years.

<the above is an analogy>

We all held our tongue and our breath when he promoted nall last year. Just seems like same crap, different year.

We ALL hope it works out...............but then we think............NALL!!!! :gofig:

Archived