Online gaming question

BZ770

I've got DSL at home with a desktop PC and a hard wired router that came from Bellsouth. I've got a wii and will have a PS3 soon as Santa Clause comes. What is all the equipment I'll need to get these systems online for gaming for my son.?

if the hard-wired router is in the same room as the gaming systems you will just need another internet cord, but if its in another room you will either need a really long internet cord or have to go buy a wireless router. The Wii and PS3 each come with built -in wireless adapters.

Yes, patch cables are your friend if you have a wired router. I would seriously check into going wireless though. :thumbsup:

It's easier to do the Wii wireless than it is wired. Chip in and get yourself a wireless router. You have to buy some kind of USB LAN adapter from Nintendo to hook the Wii up with an Ethernet cable.

The Wii is wireless ready out of the box.

The computer is in a different room from my son's I'll have to invest in a wireless router. Appreciate the advice.

Yes, patch cables are your friend if you have a wired router. I would seriously check into going wireless though. :thumbsup:

Is your ISP same as above?I am stuck w AT@T for my phone.But I'll go with the best if I'm going to put my 3 on it.Here Veriz has the speed.

• 14 years later...
On 12/18/2008 at 9:42 AM, AUTiger1 said:

Yes I also use patch cables with wired router Its work is amazing.

I use these to run the internet through my place. Go from the router to the wall and then to whatever room you want. I use it to run a Firestick and my work laptop dock in another room. Get better speed and connectivity than with the Wifi.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/netgear-powerline-ac1200-gigabit-ethernet-adapter-2-pack-white/4002029.p?skuId=4002029

• WarTiger changed the title to Online gaming question