The "Calling of the NIP" ! ! !

WarTim

Tim, please refrain from calling me and letting me know the nip has been declared until the actual daylight hours of the day that the nip has been officially declared. If you can.

I will do my best, but, the calling of the "Nip" is hard to contain or control. :D

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tim, please refrain from calling me and letting me know the nip has been declared until the actual daylight hours of the day that the nip has been officially declared. If you can.

I will do my best, but, the calling of the "Nip" is hard to contain or control. :D

Yet ANOTHER reason to be glad this board does not give out personal info, like PHONE NUMBERS! :D

Tim already has mine. And I can't shake the visual of him copping that cig out on his carport at 3AM and being overcome by the nip and saying "Well it's time, but it's not officially declared until I notify someone, hmmmm..... should I go in there and awaken my lovely bride with this declaration..........uhh no, there's no tellin' what she might declare back at me......well I know jaydubb would want to know....."

Jaydubb, I can honestly say that I would rather wake MY wife at 3:00 am than call your house at 3:00 and risk waking YOUR wife ! ! ! ! :angryfire: :bigsmile:

Nobody got this? :huh: DKW - I expected a comment from you at least!!! :(

Guess I am not as funny as I think I am!! :D

Jenny, I got it and thought it was great! :lol::lol::lol:

Don't know what you'll call them once Arthur returns with that NC, though. The Knight who no longer say NIP, but the Knights who say "RollTideRoll,RoundTheBowl,DownTheHole,RollTideRoll."

Nobody got this?  :huh:  DKW - I expected a comment from you at least!!!  :(

Guess I am not as funny as I think I am!!  :D

Don't know what you'll call them once Arthur returns with that NC, though. The Knight who no longer say NIP, but the Knights who say "RollTideRoll,RoundTheBowl,DownTheHole,RollTideRoll."

Thanks Jarhead!! I thought everyone around here had forgotten the greatest movie ever! :D

WAR TIM, HEAD KNIGHT:

Augh! Ohh! Don't say that word.

ARTHUR:

What word?

WAR TIME, HEAD KNIGHT:

I cannot tell, suffice to say is one of the words the Knights of NiP cannot hear.

ARTHUR:

How can we not say the word if you don't tell us what it is?

So Tim, what's the "Word That Cannot Be Spoken"? $puat?

Nobody got this?   :huh:  DKW - I expected a comment from you at least!!!  :(

Guess I am not as funny as I think I am!!   :D

Thanks Jarhead!! I thought everyone around here had forgotten the greatest movie ever! :D

WAR TIM, HEAD KNIGHT:

Augh! Ohh! Don't say that word.

ARTHUR:

What word?

WAR TIME, HEAD KNIGHT:

I cannot tell, suffice to say is one of the words the Knights of NiP cannot hear.

ARTHUR:

How can we not say the word if you don't tell us what it is?

So Tim, what's the "Word That Cannot Be Spoken"? $puat?

"Thus, it is and EVER shall be. " :D

(Where are those darn knights when you need them?) :ph34r:

Nobody got this?  :huh:  DKW - I expected a comment from you at least!!!  :(

Guess I am not as funny as I think I am!!  :D

You got it baby!!!!! This is going to be a great November. We get to flush two Johns and the tide in one month :D:D:D

Jenny that was great addition to this thread... started off by one of the best posts I have seen on this board since its inception, the first time, again...

Jenny that was great addition to this thread... started off by one of the best posts I have seen on this board since its inception, the first time, again...

WOW ! ! ! :bigblush:

Thanks for the compliment, one.

I guess the best posts are from the heart. If you were to ask jaydubb, he could tell you that the whole "Nip" calling thing is VERY big around my house. B)

But, then again, ANYTHING that has to do with the AUBURN TIGERS is big around MY house ! ! ! :D

WAR EAGLE ! ! ! :au:

WHEW!! Thanks, guys. I wasn't fishing for compliments, honestly - but when I didn't get a response, I was afraid all my fellow Grail fans had been eaten like Brave Sir Robin's minstrels. :lol:

Tim, I definitely think your original post should go to Classics. I mentioned it to my own personal :corndog: last night and he even waxed nostalgic about feeling the Nip, back in the days before he moved to Hosuton!

Thanks Jenny. I even asked my lovelly bride to read my post last night. She chuckled, but , that was followed by the old standard :rolleyes: .

Don't get me wrong..She LOVES AU. Both our daughters are Tigers. (Just gotta' get that 18 year old moved out of our house next week :D )

She simply does not have the same passion for Football that would allow her to experience the "Nip". (She HATES ga....More than I "strongly dislike" uat!!) :D

War Eagle ! ! ! :au:

strongly dislike

HUH, is that what you call it??? :poke:

HATE is such a harsh word............... :DB)

WEATHER ALERT * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Strong thunderstorms just rolled through town. HEAVY rain. (This is important only because the local guessers/weathermen are stating that the storm is to be followed by a COLD front.) :D

I wonder if my wife would give me too much grief if I broke my record of Aug. 15

for "Nip Calling"? B)

I will stick my head out of the old groundhog cave and give you all a report in the morning!

(jaydubb....Don't go to sleep too early tonight! ! !) :rolleyes::DB)

I don't know about any weather, but I drove by a guys house on my way to work yesterday and caught the most familiar and exciting smell my nose has ever been across. The burning of sticks and what not in the yard. Sure, there wasn't any dry leaves burning, but catching that drift made me want to pull over at a buddies house and toss the football around. If any of you do burn leaves and sticks in the yard during the fall, you know exactly what I'm talking about.

Thanks, tidefan24. That is one of those "signs" I forgot about. What a memory.

Raking leaves half the day....Playin' in 'em half the day. :D

Then, when Mother treatened our lives, Dad would burn 'em.

I can smell those leaves burning now.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Oh, wait!......No "nip" YET......... :D

Hurry Fall Hurry ! ! ! :au:

Whew....when I read "NIP" and "Men will understand" I got concerned and had "Chevy Chase in Christmas Vacation ane the department store scene" flashbacks...LOL!

I totally understand and even "felt" it this morning when I went to get the paper at 6:30am...I also noticed the first red leaves on the tree in the back yard.........WARRRRRRRRRRRR EAGLE!

WHEW!! Thanks, guys. I wasn't fishing for compliments, honestly - but when I didn't get a response, I was afraid all my fellow Grail fans had been eaten like Brave Sir Robin's minstrels. :lol:

We are no longer the knights who say "Nip!". We are now the knights who say:

" Ecky ecky ecky pickang zoom boing goodem zoo owli zhiv."

Whew....when I read "NIP" and "Men will understand" I got concerned and had "Chevy Chase in Christmas Vacation ane the department store scene" flashbacks...LOL!

"Log"? "I didn't say log. I mean, not in the sense that you thought I said log."

LOL :lol::lol::lol:

WHEW!!  Thanks, guys.  I wasn't fishing for compliments, honestly - but when I didn't get a response, I was afraid all my fellow Grail fans had been eaten like Brave Sir Robin's minstrels.  :lol:

:blink::blink::blink: Riiiiiiiight

That's what Tim will be saying if he calls jaydubb at an ungodly hour to officially call the Nip and wakes jaydubb's wife!!! :lol:

That's what Tim will be saying if he calls jaydubb at an ungodly hour to officially call the Nip and wakes jaydubb's wife!!! :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

Let me tell ya', I have known jaydubb's wife since I was a little lad. (Much longer than I have known old jaydubb.) She is a lovelly/sweet lady, but, she could probably fix my mouth so that I could not make any noise whatsoever ! ! !

(The girls that grew up on "our" old side of town are TOUGH ! ! !) B)

I can promise you....If I call jaydubb's house after 10:00 pm, I will be bleeding to death and can find no other way to the hospital! ! ! :lol:

(The only forgiveable exception may be a late night call from JH to give 'em all a

thunderous "WAR EAGLE!" after an AU victory ! ! !) :au:

NIPNIPNIPNIPNIPNIP

It's quite obvious that some of us have ALREADY been nippin' on something! :lol::au: WDE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived