OLDEST AE MEMBER

5 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

I know thank god

Please, the only creams you need are Bengay, Age Spot remover and, something that will safely remove the massive amounts of hair growing from your ears. 

Back in the AE days, when I was 40 and you were 80, this was funny stuff.  Now that I'm 80 and your 120,,, not as much.

What a drag it is getting old.

• Haha 2

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/15/2010 at 9:46 AM, aupops2 said:

OK, golf, Mike P and others, lets get this out in the open.  First, age and birthdate(optional, if you're worried about identity theft), and favorite Auburn sports memory.  I'll start it off.  Age, 66. DOB- 11-04-43.  Many memories game-wise, but I believe my favorite was watching Shug trudge across the field to address the student body at an Iron Bowl pep rally.  If you sat about half-way up, you could look over the top of the stadium and see the team practicing.  There was something more intimate about Auburn football back then, since it could all come togeher at one place.  Shug would not even try to get us excited, but the man could utter a couple of words in that Selma drawl, and we would go crazy!! 

You are 66, born in 43. I was born in 44 and I am 78.

I love your math.

1 hour ago, grandpajay said:

You are 66, born in 43. I was born in 44 and I am 78.

I love your math.

His post that you quoted is 12 years old. Sadly, aupops2 left this world several years ago. We are worse off without him.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, Mikey said:

His post that you quoted is 12 years old. Sadly, aupops2 left this world several years ago. We are worse off without him.

Absolutely correct  miss pops

9 hours ago, Mikey said:

Sorry, sometime I just have to let my lack of knowledge show.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

@bigbird any idea what happened to doc4aday? I know he was sick.  Haven’t seen him post in a few years.  I hope Covid didn’t get him. 😢

I don't.  Hopefully he just got tired of the constant childish bickering and found something better.

5 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I don't.  Hopefully he just got tired of the constant childish bickering and found something better.

I hope so. I’ve gotten kind of fond of you bunch of cranky ol’ guys! 😂

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

I hope so. I’ve gotten kind of fond of you bunch of cranky ol’ guys! 😂

You are dear to us too

• Love 1

• 10 months later...
  • 5 months later...
On 7/23/2010 at 5:09 PM, augolf1716 said:

Time for another story. Hopefully you want be bored.

1975 my girlfriend at the time, Mitzi M., and I went to the Chi Omega Spring Formal at Lake Martin near Alexander City. We double dated with a friend of Mitzi's. Here name is Peggy K. and she was a finalist for Miss Auburn. God she was good looking. Well my Mitzi gets drunk as you know what and Peggy's date, Roger a Lambda Chi, got totally wiped out drunk. He and Peggy fought the entire time. Because of Peggy and Mitzi being close friends we had double dating many times. He was always jealous of guys looking and flirting with Peggy. Did I say she damn good looking, long blond hair from Miami, Fl. with a shape to go with it. The formal is finally over and we are in my car. Roger is fighting with me and Peggy because he wants to drive. I think I forgot to tell you my Mitzi is passed out now. Remember again drunk driving was not look upon the way it is now. Peggy pleas with me to let him drive just to stop the fighting so we can leave. So I had to get Mitzi out of the front seat and put her in the back seat totally passed out. Now the fun really starts. We actually make it outside the city limits of Alexander City on the 2 lane road back to Auburn. I'm in the backseat with passed out Mitzi, Roger is driving now and Peggy is asleep in front passenger seat. Next thing you know a blue light from behind comes on. Roger was going only 20 mph in a 50mph zone and the cop pulled us over. Roger gets arrested the cop looks at me and says you follow me in your car. Now I start following this cop and he going about 60 mph and I have trouble staying up with him especially on 2 lanes and I have to admit I had a very drinks myself. We get to the police station they lock Roger up and they keep us their because I know these country boy cops are really enjoying looking at Peggy. Roger's yelling from his jail cell, Peggy's crying on me and Mitzi is STILL passed out in the backseat of my car. After making us wait 4 hours at the jail they said they are keeping Roger and we could get him out in a day or two. So we leave I'm driving Peggy's crying on my shoulder, Mitzi still passed out and I'm about to fall asleep because its 7:00am and I've had no sleep. We make it back I call Roger's fart. brothers to let them know they can get his a** out of jail. I drop both girls off at the dorm but I needed help from Peggy to get Mitzi inside. So Mitzi had missed everything being passed out. Later that afternoon Mitzi calls me crying feeling so bad/guilty about drinking to much and passing out that we had a great date that night. Heck she even cooked and cleaned my apartment the next day as well. On a side note I don't know how Peggy didn't win Miss Auburn she was clearly the best looking one by a long shot.

I just discovered this topic and enjoyed reading through some of the threads. Golf, I think I dated Peggy K. Did her last name end with an "n" ? She had beautiful blue eyes and blonde hair. She also had a sorority sister Ann W. who also was a terrific looking gal. She was the Chi Omega Greek Belles cover girl her freshman year. As I recall she also was from the Miami area and hung out with a bunch of AU football players from south Florida. In the 1973-74 school year, she had an apartment at Pine Haven. Any idea what became of either Peggy or Ann?

Should add if I hadn't met Mitzi first I would definitely tried for Peggy

• Like 1

On 3/5/2024 at 9:06 PM, TuscaloosaTiger said:

I just discovered this topic and enjoyed reading through some of the threads. Golf, I think I dated Peggy K. Did her last name end with an "n" ? She had beautiful blue eyes and blonde hair. She also had a sorority sister Ann W. who also was a terrific looking gal. She was the Chi Omega Greek Belles cover girl her freshman year. As I recall she also was from the Miami area and hung out with a bunch of AU football players from south Florida. In the 1973-74 school year, she had an apartment at Pine Haven. Any idea what became of either Peggy or Ann?

Yeah pretty sure we're talking about the same Peggy from Miami very pretty girl with as you say beautiful blue eyes and yes I remember Ann I always remember the pretty ones.  Peggy at one time dated a football player Dan Nugent who was pretty much a a-hole most of the time I was around him also from south Fl. he died when was 48. As for Peppy I lost track of her in the 80's with all the moving around I did for jobs. She was a great gal......and what a small world

Should add if I had not met Mitzi first I definitely tried for Peppy. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Yeah pretty sure we're talking about the same Peggy from Miami very pretty girl with as you say beautiful blue eyes and yes I remember Ann I always remember the pretty ones.  Peggy at one time dated a football player Dan Nugent who was pretty much a a-hole most of the time I was around him also from south Fl. he died when was 48. As for Peppy I lost track of her in the 80's with all the moving around I did for jobs. She was a great gal......and what a small world

Should add if I had not met Mitzi first I definitely tried for Peppy. 

Thanks for the response. I figured it was the same Peggy, but I suppose there could have been others. My next door neighbor from home was the rush chair for Theta Chi (TC) my senior year in high school. I went to one of TC's rush events that year when they had a buried slow-cooked pig. I had a nice piece of that meat almost to my mouth, when my neighbor grabbed it out of my hand. He informed me they were running out of meat for TC rushees and gave the meat to others. Suffice to say I did not pledge TC.

43 minutes ago, TuscaloosaTiger said:

Thanks for the response. I figured it was the same Peggy, but I suppose there could have been others. My next door neighbor from home was the rush chair for Theta Chi (TC) my senior year in high school. I went to one of TC's rush events that year when they had a buried slow-cooked pig. I had a nice piece of that meat almost to my mouth, when my neighbor grabbed it out of my hand. He informed me they were running out of meat for TC rushees and gave the meat to others. Suffice to say I did not pledge TC.

Our lost 

2 hours ago, TuscaloosaTiger said:

Perhaps a life-altering event.

Who did you pledge to don’t tell me Lambda Chi

17 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Who did you pledge to don’t tell me Lambda Chi

No, I did not know any Lambda Chi's. My other next door neighbor at home was a KD at AU and she recommended I pledge FIJI. That was the only other house I visited. I liked the FIJI house location and some of the north Alabama brothers. Otherwise, all I knew about any other fraternity was that I did not want to pledge Pike after driving one of their girlfriends down for a Saturday game and arriving to find they had broken out most of their windows after a Friday night party. Must have been a heck of a party. By the time I got to AU all my home town guys were gone from TC.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TuscaloosaTiger said:

No, I did not know any Lambda Chi's. My other next door neighbor at home was a KD at AU and she recommended I pledge FIJI. That was the only other house I visited. I liked the FIJI house location and some of the north Alabama brothers. Otherwise, all I knew about any other fraternity was that I did not want to pledge Pike after driving one of their girlfriends down for a Saturday game and arriving to find they had broken out most of their windows after a Friday night party. Must have been a heck of a party. By the time I got to AU all my home town guys were gone from TC.

Yeah Pikes sucked but they had some wild parties at least the ones I went to. Didn't know any Fiji's while at AU.

• Like 1