How much improvement will the offense see this year?

au03cobrafan

Yes I know I took a page from the defense thread.

I say our offense scores at least 40 points a game.  I know everyone thinks I'm drinking the kool-aid but if you consider that Malzahn's offense averaged 47 points a game at Tulsa it doesn't sound so ridiculous any more...well at least not to me anyway.

but this is SEC football, i just dont see averaging 40 points a game, I would say though that the dramatic increase in play makers should account for some sustained drives. I think (and my opinion is worth what you are paying for it absolutely nothing) I THINK that the difference between this year and last year is when a D finally gets our number and manages to handle what we were doing last year I think we have some real burners that can stretch the field back out and give those reverses some room. I honestly think the addition of the new speed at WR will make people take that extra step back that made the difference a lot of times last year. I am a run first guy but I absolutely am geeked up about this group of WR's I think they got the talent and diversity to make good teams look foolish

Arkansas averaged 30 points a game in the regular season in 2006 under a Malzahn offense he didn't have full control of so I'm a firm believer Auburn can up that score to around 40 points per game.  Man this Kool-Aid is good.

I see the new additions being tools to a more explosive offense.  I don't as much care about 500 yard performances, just a more consistent efffort.  If we avoid a game like the Arky, Kentucky, and LSU stretch, I see Auburn having a solid year.  That may be a hard thing to do, but inconsistency is one of the first steps to mediocrity.

We are going to average 38.6 points per game this year.

We will have 5 games this season where we reach at least 500 yards of offense.

very precise... I like it

I see the new additions being tools to a more explosive offense.  I don't as much care about 500 yard performances, just a more consistent efffort.  If we avoid a game like the Arky, Kentucky, and LSU stretch, I see Auburn having a solid year.  That may be a hard thing to do, but inconsistency is one of the first steps to mediocrity.

Im with you, consistency is far more important than just offensive yardage... (see last years AU vs WVU) -- game where they had 500 plus yard of offense but had 6 turnovers. We had 400, and still won the game.

Im hoping we can achieve consistency, along with 500 yards  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Archived