Impact Plays against Arkansas State

StatTiger

How many "impact" plays does AU have against ASU?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. How many "impact" plays does AU have against ASU?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16 or higher

Last season, the Auburn offense generated 119 impact plays on offense or plays of 15-yards or more. It was the most impact plays generated by an Auburn offense over the past 20-years. In Auburn's only meeting against Arkansas State in 2006, Auburn totaled 10 impact plays from just 50 offensive snaps, despite Kenny Irons missing the game.

Auburn had 17 impact plays against Furman and 15 against Mississippi State in 2009.

How many impact plays do you believe Auburn will have on opening night this Saturday? I believe it will be between 11-15.

Last season, the Auburn offense generated 119 impact plays on offense or plays of 15-yards or more. It was the most impact plays generated by an Auburn offense over the past 20-years. In Auburn's only meeting against Arkansas State in 2006, Auburn totaled 10 impact plays from just 50 offensive snaps, despite Kenny Irons missing the game.

Auburn has 17 impact plays against Furman and 15 against Mississippi State in 2009.

How many impact plays do you believe Auburn will have on opening night this Saturday? I believe it will be between 11-15.

I said 6-10 because I think the Big plays will have a factor in this game as well... Auburn could have 4-5 plays of 30 yards or more, which might cut down on the impact plays.

Number 27 will be dangerous... but 23 might just have a special night.

Stat,

Which is more beneficial? Big plays or Impact plays?

I would assume Impact plays since they can gash opponents and they are probably easier to achieve.

Which has a bigger outcome on a game?

Big plays are IMO.  From 1992-2009, Auburn is 68-5-1 (.926) when the offense has 3 plays of 30-yards or more. Auburn is 76-19-2 (.794) with 8 plays of 15-yards or more and 33-8-0 (.805) with 10 plays of 15-yards or more.

Impact plays acoounted for 56.5% of Auburn's total yardage in 2009.

Stat,

I would assume Impact plays since they can gash opponents and they are probably easier to achieve.

Big plays are IMO.  From 1992-2009, Auburn is 68-5-1 (.926) when the offense has 3 plays of 30-yards or more. Auburn is 76-19-2 (.794) with 8 plays of 15-yards or more and 33-8-0 (.805) with 10 plays of 15-yards or more.

Then im pulling for more big plays in 2010.

Stat,

WOW!!!  Stat comes thru again!  Where else can you find information like this.  You are a true asset to this board, Stat.  Thanks and keep up the good work.

:wedance:

I said 11-15 not because of this being against Arkansas State.  I would  say this against Miss State.  I really think this offense can set one way and have 5 options coming out of that set.  We have too many players that can make big plays with every touch.  I even think our "broke" plays will be VERY hard to defend.  I think my (our) 11-15 is more than attainable.

Auburn has 17 impact plays against Furman and 15 against Mississippi State in 2009.

I said 6-10 because I think the Big plays will have a factor in this game as well... Auburn could have 4-5 plays of 30 yards or more, which might cut down on the impact plays.

Number 27 will be dangerous... but 23 might just have a special night.

Agree.

This is a game where MF should get the start.  I expect OM to get the yards.  And when the game is in hand, I expect MD (#5) to take us home.

WDE everybody.  The RV's are rolling in!!!

Archived