Chris Davis

Quietmaninthecorner

True Fr.  CB Chris Davis has flown under the radar most of preseason.  CGC mentioned him during Tiger Talk last night.  He is one of the few players that may see play time that I do not know anything about.

Can someone fill me in with a quick rundown on Chris Davis ?  like who he is,  things he has done,  anything you got will be apreciated.

Athlete from Woodlawn HS in Birmingham.  As far as God-given ability, he ranks very, very high.  He just needs experience.  By the time he leaves AU his name will be mentioned with all the greats.  If he had played in high school anywhere but inner city Birmingham he would have been a 5 star recruit.  Due to finances he was unable to attend many camps so he flew under the radar.

I was just checking the roster to find out his jersey number so I could watch for him.  He will be wearing #3.  I am pulling for him to do well.  I think Coach Chizik is very high on him...

WDE

Do you think he could pass T-Bell for replacing Washington next year? I heard Bell is getting much more consistent and physical from the article posted on auburntigers.com

True Fr.  CB Chris Davis has flown under the radar most of preseason.  CGC mentioned him during Tiger Talk last night.   He is one of the few players that may see play time that I do not know anything about.

Can someone fill me in with a quick rundown on Chris Davis ?  like who he is,  things he has done,  anything you got will be apreciated.

What else did Chizik say about him?  Davis is one of my favorite recruits from the incoming class.

tigerbneasyntampa,

when asked to single out a freshman player,  Chizic said he hated to skirt the question,  but named 6 or so players.  Davis was one of them.   a paraphrased quote,  "........and one you probably have not heard much about Chris Davis"   that was about it. 

Sorry I do not remember any other details.  There are quotes from Tiger Talk on some of the AU blogs.  you may be able to find more,  but there was not much from what I remember.  I got the feeling Chizic has been impressed with Davis, based on Chizic's tone or something.

Do you think he could pass T-Bell for replacing Washington next year? I heard Bell is getting much more consistent and physical from the article posted on auburntigers.com

Always a possibility. I think the fact that Neiko, Davis, Bell, White, Gulley-Morgan, Mincy, and the 2011 true freshmen (Rose, Gaulden, Roberson (hopefully), and another possibly) will be pushing each other for 2 positions can't hurt anything. It's been a long time just since we've had that many bodies at CB, not to mention that much talent.  :party:

Can someone fill me in with a quick rundown on Chris Davis ? 

I remember reading he is downright nasty at punt/kickoff returns, but I haven't heard if he's being playing back there.

Last I heard the job was Carr's to lose.

tigerbneasyntampa,

when asked to single out a freshman player,  Chizic said he hated to skirt the question,  but named 6 or so players.  Davis was one of them.   a paraphrased quote,  "........and one you probably have not heard much about Chris Davis"   that was about it. 

Sorry I do not remember any other details.  There are quotes from Tiger Talk on some of the AU blogs.  you may be able to find more,  but there was not much from what I remember.  I got the feeling Chizic has been impressed with Davis, based on Chizic's tone or something.

Thanks QMITC, I appreciate the information you did remember.  He's a good player and I believe he's gonna be special for us.

Thank God for this post, I was just trying to remember his name. He sounds like a good kid. I definitely plan to keep an eye out for him.

I remember him flying under the radar in the recruiting process, and people saying that he would have been rated much higher if had the opportunity to attend more camps to be evaluated. 

Archived