Two 100 yard rushers

AUBuilderman

Well, ok Dyer is 5 yards short, but who would have thought it would have been by two guys who got their first start with Auburn tonight?  I know it is just one game so spare me the comments, but I want to be the first to ask - Dyer to starting RB, Fannin back to H-back?

Fannin never even got the chance.  3 carries?  O-Mac basically was the starter...

Yeah, I found this to be really weird. He's the "starting RB" and he gets 3 carries? Odd, but I trust the coaches. Dyer looked to be the best of the 3 by far. He will be the starter by midseason if not sooner.

Guest jojo1515

he actually almost fumbled twice...the one he was called down on.  I think the coaches are aware that he is much better catching passes out of the backfield and the omac is truly tha man, and so is dyer.  I agree he is an awesome reciever, the jury is out on his every down back ability.  He is there to block and basically be a tight end in the backfield..atleast in this game he was

I was thinking the same thing- The coaches went back to using Fannin as a receiver pretty quickly. But it's a long season to have just Dyer and OMac taking all the carries (and hits). I wouldn't mind seeing Eric Smith get some inside handoffs.

he actually almost fumbled twice...the one he was called down on.  I think the coaches are aware that he is much better catching passes out of the backfield and the omac is truly tha man, and so is dyer.  I agree he is an awesome reciever, the jury is out on his every down back ability.  He is there to block and basically be a tight end in the backfield..atleast in this game he was

Somebody else sees the light.  Thank you.

Mario will not get more than 8 carries a game.  He will help our offense best as a receiver.  Mario is one hell of an athlete though.

Absolutely on target

If I'm not mistaking, the play you are referring to (the drive after his fumble) that wasn't Fanin but O-Mac. Fanin wasn't in the game for that drive. I also remember telling my roommate that after O-Mac almost fumbled and Fanin fumbled that was the reason why Dyer was in on the next drive.

Yeah that was O-Mac, not Fannin. You downers ever consider that maybe, just maybe, they were trying to keep Fannin fresh for a quick turnaround Thursday? Fannin is the starter, and he will do a great job. You wanna know how I know that? Go back and watch the plays where Dyer is in. 95% of the time that he was in he got the ball. That means he wasn't ready to block much, which a starting rb has to be able to do in the SEC. Fannin is our guy and he's gonna be great. Plus, did you notice on that fumble that he got LIT UP by two defenders, and one actually hit the ball???

Yeah that was O-Mac, not Fannin. You downers ever consider that maybe, just maybe, they were trying to keep Fannin fresh for a quick turnaround Thursday? Fannin is the starter, and he will do a great job. You wanna know how I know that? Go back and watch the plays where Dyer is in. 95% of the time that he was in he got the ball. That means he wasn't ready to block much, which a starting rb has to be able to do in the SEC. Fannin is our guy and he's gonna be great. Plus, did you notice on that fumble that he got LIT UP by two defenders, and one actually hit the ball???

Wait... you can't be serious?  Keeping the starting RB fresh while giving the younger guys some experience against a sub par team?  They would neeeeeeever do that... :P

Coach Luper has stated that Mario's natural position is Running Back.  He also predicted a 1000 yard season.  What makes you think he is not going be our No 1 RB?  We are getting Michael Dyer some valuable reps and game experience.  We gave MD most of his carries in the 4th quarter after we wore down the Arky St defense.  We had explosive plays that allowed us to cut down on Mario's touches.  Before we claim MD as the Heisman front-runner, we need to realize that Mario is a more complete fottball player. I love the fact that we can ease MD into the position.  As we saw from the game, he will be at his best in the 4th quarter.  Mario will show that he is an elite RB, wait til we give him 20 touches a game...... :aufb:

The running game will be fine. All of the RBs are capable in their own right. Fannin is both a good runner and receiver. Omac was averaging 10 yds per carry at halftime. Dyer showed he can be explosive. Cam, well nothing needs to be said about him. Omac finished with 9 carries for 80 yds. 8.4 per rush. The team had 367 yds rushing. That's pretty impressive. We could've easily had 3 guys over the century mark.

Wait... you can't be serious?  Keeping the starting RB fresh while giving the younger guys some experience against a sub par team?  They would neeeeeeever do that... :P

LOL...is that hidden sarcasm within your post?...love it

LOL...is that hidden sarcasm within your post?...love it

You picked up on that??? Wheeew....I thought I might have been too subtle  :laugh:

Fannin never even got the chance.  3 carries?  O-Mac basically was the starter...

Understanding from someone that talked to Mario`s dad prior to the game was that he was under the weather a little. May have been the reason for lack of PT; maybe not.

Fannin = fumble again on the run. . . .

Fannin is going to own on thursday... he knows his time is coming and MSU better get ready.

He will be a huge spark in the offense, there was no need to use him last night.

Everybody knows that even if they want to be negative.

Oh do you know fannin a fumbler?  How many fumbles does fannin have in his career?  ....Oh you don't know? 

How about you go find out how many times fannin has fumbled and tell me.  I think you'll be shocked

Fannin is going to own on thursday... he knows his time is coming and MSU better get ready.

He will be a huge spark in the offense, there was no need to use him last night.

Everybody knows that even if they want to be negative.

Don't assume that pointing our Fannin's history of fumbling and to have it happen again from the backfield that this is a negative comment. It is pointing out the fact that he has had a problem holding onto the ball out of the backfield. Catching passes has been great for Fannin. From the backfield where two+ defenders will key on you and the ball is a different story. He has to improve here to be The Back

Bottom line "stealthy" is that you again come across heavy on the negative....

Case in point - "Fannin = fumble again on the run. . . . "

Rather than talking about how unfortunate it was that he fumbled, maybe giving him some credit for taking a pretty rough hit, etc. you start and end with a criticism.....

Then, to make matters worse, you back up IN YELLOW another poster who got their story wrong (O-Mac's fumble was called dead, not Fannin's phantom 2nd fumble, which never happened)

Bottom line - I am all for constructive comments, discussions with a point, etc. But just coming on here and saying "Fannin = fumble again on the run. . . . " is neither....

War Eagle my brother!

Bottom line "stealthy" is that you again come across heavy on the negative....

Case in point - "Fannin = fumble again on the run. . . . "

Rather than talking about how unfortunate it was that he fumbled, maybe giving him some credit for taking a pretty rough hit, etc. you start and end with a criticism.....

Then, to make matters worse, you back up IN YELLOW another poster who got their story wrong (O-Mac's fumble was called dead, not Fannin's phantom 2nd fumble, which never happened)

Bottom line - I am all for constructive comments, discussions with a point, etc. But just coming on here and saying "Fannin = fumble again on the run. . . . " is neither....

War Eagle my brother!

OK - we agree to disagree - you see my post as negative - I see it and many other very similar and perhaps even more emphatic as constructive. Neither I nor the other comments I read here on Fannin's carries this game see this point as attacking or being critical of Fannin the player or the person. He fumbled from the backfield. He did not as a receiver.

Come Thursday I would be more than delighted should he carry 100+ yards from the backfield as the coaches touted he will this year.

I too say War Eagle and lets move forward . . .

Archived