Georgia Dismisses Jeremiah Holloman - Alleged Assault

Auburn Kev

Jeremiah Holloman off Georgia team after alleged 2018 incident

ByKIPP ADAMS 

Georgia's lost production at wide receiver after the 2018 season was already a talking point throughout the spring and early summer. Now it might be the focal point, as on Friday, it was revealed that the program's leading returning receiver, Jeremiah Hollomanis no longer on the team.

According to the Covington News, Holloman is off the team due to an incident the morning after the 2018 G-Day spring scrimmage, where Holloman is accused of aggravated assault and battery. No charges have been filed, but the alleged victim did file a report on June 2. Per the report, head coach Kirby Smart confirmed Holloman's departure.

Jeremiah Holloman no longer represents the University of Georgia football program," Coach Kirby Smart said. "We expect every member of our team to uphold the highest standards and values of the University of Georgia and Georgia football. It is disappointing when this does not happen.”

The report states that Holloman 'punched her in the face," which resulted in six stitches.

When Mecole Hardman Jr. and Riley Ridley decided to forego their senior seasons and enter the NFL Draft, it resulted in a lot of lost production for Georgia in the passing game. Those two and Terry Godwin, who played his fourth and final season as a Bulldog in 2018, were three of the program's top four wideouts in terms of catches, yardage, and touchdowns from 2018. Throw in the fact that UGA's third-leading receiver, tight end Isaac Nauta, also declared early, and there are some big shoes to fill when it comes to pass catchers.

Holloman stepped up after learning from the aforementioned group in 2017. The 6-foot-2 200-pound pass catcher broke out during his sophomore season. He hauled in 24 catches for 418 yards and five touchdowns. His number of receptions ranked him fifth on the team, his yardage ranked him fourth, and his number of touchdown receptions ranked him third, but no Bulldog, no matter how many balls they caught, were more efficient.

His 17.42 yards per catch ranked him No. 1 among the Bulldog pass catchers and he did it in a variety of ways. He beat opposing cornerbacks deep, caught passes underneath and broke tackles, and won those all-important 50/50 battles with the ball in the air. By the time the season was over, he seemed to have Jake Fromm's complete confidence. In March, Holloman discussed his role, with words that now take on a very different meaning.

"It's been a joy," Holloman said of taking on a leadership role. "Just knowing that people depend on me and then people looking up to me, it's been a fun experience, honestly. I know I can't mess up so I've got to push myself two times harder so it makes me better while I'm making other people better."

Holloman's departure puts even more pressure on a group that will likely field several players who did not have a reception for Georgia last season, including fourth-year junior Demetris Robertson, graduate transfer Lawrence Cager, and true freshmen Dominick Blaylock and George Pickens.

Another receiving target lost due to being kicked off the team or declaring for the draft too early

19 hours ago, auburnphan said:

Kirby Shart and Georgia covered this up for over a year until she filed charges and let him play.

Yup!!

Archived