Some notables:

Tuberville: Auburn at #4

Nutt: Auburn at #3

Blakeney: Auburn at #4

Brooks: Auburn at #4

Pat Hill: Auburn at #5

Spurrier: Auburn at #6, UGA at #4, Norte Dame at #14

Bobby Wallace:Auburn at #5

Most of the others had Auburn between 7 and 9, with a smattering of 10s and 11s, which I have no problem with. It is their opinion. However...

One not so notable ballot:

Frank Solich: LSU at #5, VA Tech at #7, UGA at#15, Auburn at #13, Bama at #10

Make your own assumptions.

I noticed that about Solich too....has he not watched the last two weeks of football? I mean, it doesn't really matter and he is entitled to his own opinion..but sometimes..opinions are just incorrect...

Didn't Solich just get busted for DUI? That would explain a lot. :D

One not so notable ballot:

203661[/snapback]

My assumption would be that the hangover has not yet worn off...

:moon:

I was surprised there wasn't a topic about this yet, so I posted it, only to see this right after that. Not sure how i missed it. So I'll just put snippets of what I said here, and delete my thread.

Crooms also put us behind UGA at #8. :angry: I guess he forgot that we whooped their tales by about 20 points for that UGA did. There is just so much to look at. Anyone outside of the top 3 now can find tons to complain about. :big:

One ballot that really bothered me was Frank Solich..... Had us at 13 and bama at 10. puke.gif He also had UGA at 15, and LSU at 5. I think he thought he was voted for the week of Nov 13. <_< What's he got against us anyway?

Spurrier: Auburn at #6, UGA at #4, Norte Dame at #14

Tommy should have pasted another TD on them... :rolleyes:

Obviously Solich was guilty of VWI... Voting While Intoxicated. :no:

Guest Tigrinum Major

Breaking news:

In a followup interview with Frank Solich, the Ohio Bobcats coach defended his rankings of Auburn and Alabama by saying, "Well, I read that interview with Brodie and he had me convinced that Alabama finished strong in that game and actually won the last three quarters."

When pressed further concerning his LSU and Georgia rankings, he responded by passing out at his desk.

ditto for all the above statments.

i thought it was interesting that mack brown didn't put texas in the number 1 spot. maybe he doesn't want to jinx the team (?).

even richt didn't put georgia ahead of auburn.

Breaking news:

In a followup interview with Frank Solich, the Ohio Bobcats coach defended his rankings of Auburn and Alabama by saying, "Well, I read that interview with Brodie and he had me convinced that Alabama finished strong in that game and actually won the last three quarters."

When pressed further concerning his LSU and Georgia rankings, he responded by passing out at his desk.

203696[/snapback]

:roflol::roflol::rolleyes:

Breaking news:

203696[/snapback]

I'm glad I wasn't drinking my sweet tea when reading that...I'd been changing clothes. :roflol:

I'm a little offended by some of these ranks.

Did anyone else see that Barry Alvarez put us at 9th? After the Captital One, I'm thinking he'll call us #3.

203736[/snapback]

I don't see how we finish at #3? PsU is still up there and if Ohio St beats them, they finish ahead of us. If ND wins they finish high also. And then there is UGaly.

Did anyone else see that Barry Alvarez put us at 9th? After the Captital One, I'm thinking he'll call us #3.

203736[/snapback]

I don't see how we finish at #3? PsU is still up there and if Ohio St beats them, they finish ahead of us. If ND wins they finish high also. And then there is UGaly.

203739[/snapback]

PSU and OSU don't play, but if FSU upsets PSU then we would jump them. OSU and ND are both ahead of us. Doubt we jump the winner of that game. If we handle business and make a statement with a convincing win we will finish at #5, assuming that Oregon beats OU, which I don't think they will, Adrian Peterson has a good game in this one. If UGA wins I think they are still voted behind, unless their win is a thumping one over WVU and we inch by the badgers.

Guest Tigrinum Major
Can someone explain to me how Tommy Bowden voted for LSU at #10 and UGA #12?

203751[/snapback]

Spent the weekend with Frank Solich or Jeff Spicoli?

Richt's Vote

#1 USC

#2 Texas

#3 Penn State

#4 Ohio State

#5 Oregon

#6 Auburn

#7 Georgia

#8 Notre Dame

#9 West Virginia

#10 Miami

#11 LSU

#12 VT

#13 TCU

#14 Alabama

#15 Texas Tech

#16 UCLA

#17 Florida

#18 Louisville

#19 BC

#20 Wisconsin

#21 Michigan

#22 Clemson

#23 Boise State

#24 Georgia Tech

#25 Florida State

And Petrino has us at #9. Hard feelings from Petrino-gate? He was the suitor, so should feel flattered. Or maybe that's just his honest opinion, and he was busy coaching instead of watching our last two games.

And Charlie Weis has ND at #4. Go figure.

Breaking news:

203696[/snapback]

Dude, that is the funniest post I have seen on this forum so far. Kudos.

203736[/snapback]

203739[/snapback]

PSU and OSU don't play, but if FSU upsets PSU then we would jump them. OSU and ND are both ahead of us. Doubt we jump the winner of that game. If we handle business and make a statement with a convincing win we will finish at #5, assuming that Oregon beats OU, which I don't think they will, Adrian Peterson has a good game in this one. If UGA wins I think they are still voted behind, unless their win is a thumping one over WVU and we inch by the badgers.

203742[/snapback]

This is called a misunderstanding. I didn't mean to say we would be ranked #3 after our bowl game. I was only saying two things.

1. I don't like Barry Alvarez under-rating us with his vote for AU to be #9

..and..

2. I think/hope we'll impress him enough with an AU dominating victory that HE will believe we are the #3 team and that HE will cast HIS vote for AU at #3. Just as Houston Nutt has already done.

(I think we'll end up #5 myself.)

i thought it was interesting that mack brown didn't put texas in the number 1 spot.

203706[/snapback]

He must have filled his out early in the week - he had VT still at 8, Lsu at 6, Auburn at 9, uga down at 12, and Fresno at 24!!

Richt's Vote

#5 Oregon

#6 Auburn

#7 Georgia

#9 West Virginia

#10 Miami

203761[/snapback]

So Richt things Oregon would beat UGA? Or that WVU would beat UM (this one is a little more understandable, hyping them up before they get smacked)? I'm not singling him out, but using him as an example. This is one of the problems I have with voting... people will put obviously worse teams ahead of obviously better teams. Instead of looking at the WL column, someone needs to analyze the games and decide that a 10-2 UGA would beat 10-1 UO with 80% probability, therefore, UGA gets the nod. Instead, they leave the polls in the hands of the coaches, who only get to see game films of the teams they play, and the media, who is on puppet strings.

So Richt things Oregon would beat UGA? 

No, he probably believes that the Oregon team had 1 loss compared to UGA's 2 and thus deserved to be higher.

Archived