BIG DT Myles Wade set to visit from Inside the Auburn Tigers

AUSportTalk

Two years ago at this time, Myles Wade had just played in the U.S. Army All-American Bowl and was set to sign with the University of Oregon. After academic hurdles temporarily sidelined his collegiate football future, Wade is back and the five-star defensive tackle is hearing from three big-time schools in the hopes of landing his signature on a scholarship letter.

This is what Wade had to say about the Tigers:

The new-look Auburn Tigers, with first-year head coach Gene Chizik, has wooed Wade and his family from afar. "I got a call from coach (Defensive Coordinator Ted) Roof a couple of weeks ago," Wade said. "He told me that they need someone to stop the run and rush the passer. They desperately need some defensive tackles. He told me that I should come down to the SEC and make things happen. And in the South, they take care of their own. That was good to hear."

Well i just got word that he will be visiting next weekend!!

The 6-foot-2, 311-pounder, ranked by Rivals.com as the nation's No. 18 overall JUCO prospect and No. 3 defensive tackle, plans to arrive on next Thursday and stay through Saturday.

Outstanding. We need some more big men on the line that have tree trunks as legs.

He is a MONSTER. I could see him in 3-4 with him in the middle and Jake Ricks and AC. It would be AMAZING. Put BYnes and Blackmon in the middle behind them. OMG .... IRON CURTAIN comes to mind.

Archived