Im done with Vietnam service questions

BamaGrad03

Texas, Legal, Al....

I wanted to say that Im DONE arguing about Kerry's service in Iraq. I take the same stance bush did. He served in Vietnam and should be respected for it.

Whether I think he lied about what all happened in his service no longer matters to me.

Heres how i look at it. I dont want this election to be won or lost based on his service. Because that isnt the measuring stick for presidential candidacy IMO. He didnt dodge the draft like Clinton...and thats good enough in my book. (im not writing one btw...i dont know any swift vets) :)

I want to talk about his stance on issues and how they differ or agree with GWB. I dont think we can question Kerry anymore or slam him any harder than we already have for his service.

The swift vets have their issues with Kerry...but by them having issues with him, it proves he was actually fighting in vietnam...and that is more than I can say about myself right now. He's probably seen things ill never see...and ive never fought in a war, so i refuse to further speculate on how kerry COULD be lying. There are people on this board whos opinions are FAR more credible than mine when it comes to combat.

I disagree strongly with the notion that Kerry is the best man for the job. But that is based on his political history and his stance on issues. Not because of what he did in vietnam. I can no longer speak ill of his service (regardless of tenure or effectiveness) because i think its not right for me to speculate. Hes a vet...plain and simple. And for that i would gladly shake his hand and say thanks.

Texas, Legal, Al....

I wanted to say that Im DONE arguing about Kerry's service in Iraq. I take the same stance bush did. He served in Vietnam and should be respected for it.

Whether I think he lied about what all happened in his service no longer matters to me.

Heres how i look at it. I dont want this election to be won or lost based on his service. Because that isnt the measuring stick for presidential candidacy IMO. He didnt dodge the draft like Clinton...and thats good enough in my book. (im not writing one btw...i dont know any swift vets) :)

I want to talk about his stance on issues and how they differ or agree with GWB. I dont think we can question Kerry anymore or slam him any harder than we already have for his service.

The swift vets have their issues with Kerry...but by them having issues with him, it proves he was actually fighting in vietnam...and that is more than I can say about myself right now. He's probably seen things ill never see...and ive never fought in a war, so i refuse to further speculate on how kerry COULD be lying. There are people on this board whos opinions are FAR more credible than mine when it comes to combat.

I disagree strongly with the notion that Kerry is the best man for the job. But that is based on his political history and his stance on issues. Not because of what he did in vietnam. I can no longer speak ill of his service (regardless of tenure or effectiveness) because i think its not right for me to speculate. Hes a vet...plain and simple. And for that i would gladly shake his hand and say thanks.

BG, he never claimed to have served in Iraq!!! :poke:

Archived