Former Secretary Denies

Tigermike

By Melanie Hunter

CNSNews.com Deputy Managing Editor

September 14, 2004

06:46 pm

Former Secretary Denies Typing National Guard Memos

(CNSNews.com) - The Dallas Morning News reports that the former secretary of Texas National Guard Lt. Col. Jerry Killian, who purportedly wrote the "60 Minutes II" memos about President George W. Bush's National Guard Service, said the documents are fake, but reflect real documents that once existed. Marian Carr Knox, who worked from 1956 to 1979 at Ellington Air Force Base in Houston, reportedly said she prided herself on meticulous typing, and the memos were not her work. "These are not real," the Dallas Morning News quoted Knox as saying after she examined copies of the memos for the first time. "They're not what I typed, and I would have typed them for him," she added. Knox is not a Bush supporter, and she said the president is "unfit for office" and was "selected, not elected." Knox spoke with precise recollection about dates, people and events, the paper reports. "I remember very vividly when Bush was there and all the yak-yak that was going on about it," the paper quoted her as saying. Knox said the typeface on the documents did not match either of the two typewriters she used at the time, which she identified as a mechanical Olympia that was later replaced in the early 1970s with an IBM Selectric. The Olympia typewriter had a key with the "th" superscript character, Knox told the paper, which is one of the items being debated about the memos. According to some experts, the Selectric and mechanical typewriters, such as the Olympia, could not produce proportional spacing, which is found in the documents. CNSNews.com was the first news organization to report on the authenticity of the documents on Sept. 9.

LINK

You mean<slick willy> the liberals<slick willy> are capable <slick willy> of lyin'<slick willy>.

:lol::lol:B)

Archived