2nd half of the season

I was thinking today about the rest of the SEC season.  The schedule really does lighten up with the exception of South Carolina.  We have series @LSU, Ole Miss, @USC, Georgia, Alabama, and @Tennessee.  I think 15 SEC wins should be our goal to get in the SEC tourney (13 or 14 might get you in with a weak west, but 15 should guarantee a spot).  I also think with a weak west 17 will likely win the division.  I think Arkansas is the only team with a decent record who could push past 17 wins.  I think Alabama, State and Ole Miss will all struggle down the stretch.

We are currently 5-7 in the SEC

Here's how I see us getting to 15 wins

@LSU  1 win

Ole Miss 2

@USC 1

Georgia 2

Alabama2

@Tennessee 2

*If we get swept at USC I could see us sweeping alabama or tennessee to make up for it.

To get to 17 wins this would be the most likely scenario

@LSU 2

Ole Miss 2

@USC 1

Georgia 2

Alabama 2

@Tennessee 3

*Tennessee should be worse than Kentucky and not have much to play for so I really see us having a good chance to sweep here.

Any thoughts?

As much as it pains me to say it....I'm not sure we can take 2 from the bammer. Anybody else is a pretty good possibility, and I feel real good about TN.  But the bammers have a pretty good team, and they will be motivated. :dunno:

I have to go lay down now... :'(

We can definitely take 2 at home vs Bama. They are a decent team but no better than Auburn. I believe they were 0-5 last week with loses to Samford and UAB.

Yeah I definitely think we can take 2 from Alabama.  They're lineup is not very good.  They looked terrible in non-conference play and surprised everyone including me with a hot start in conference play.  Looking back on it its not as impressive.  2 of 3 from a very inconsistent Ole Miss team, sweeping Kentucky at home (we did that on the road), and taking 2 of 3 from Arkansas at home (we did that also).  The only difference between their 7-5 record and our 5-7 is the fact that they took 2 at the Mississippi school they played.  And I think we all believe if we were playing our best we should've taken 2 at state.

-Don't forget we've already beaten them in Montgomery.  ;)  We'll take that series Tigerbelle.  War Eagle

I hope I'm worrying for nothing about that series.

It's just that with the rivalry being what it is at this point....I won't ever count on anything with the bammers. They would love to put a pounding on Auburn.

And quite honestly....Ole Miss might be inconsistent....but so is AU.

My hope is that AU has found a little solid footing with our wins @ Kentucky. Maybe even a little morale boost because AU is still in the chase. 

Archived