Auburn vs LSU game 2

All right boys lets keep the winning streak going.  The pressure has mounted on LSU they really need to win this series, we should be playing loose after winning last night.  Lets take this series.

Corey Luckie 1-1 5.20 ERA vs Fr Kevin Gausman 2-3 4.60 ERA

Luckie pitched well on Saturday of last week in relief, maybe we'll get another good outing.

Also I thought my winning streak of starting topics was just due to a poor kentucky team, but our luck last night let me know I have to keep this going. 4-0 going for win 5.

I'll do a little research on Gausman and get back in a few.

Gausman is a RHP and has the highest ERA out if their starters, but has pitched really well in his 2 toughest conference matchups.  He went 8 innings and gave up 1 run vs Florida and at Arkansas.  He's a freshman and I saw some LSU bloggers saying they were worried he might hit the freshman block as he's thrown 45 innings so far this year.  Maybe that will happen for us today although he hasn't shown signs as he's coming off a great start in Fayetteville.

He has a solid 41 to 15 K/BB ratio so lets come out swinging

Lineup is out.

LF Andrews

RF Fradejas

SS McElroy

DH Gamache

C Caldwell

3B Gilmer

1B Patterson

CF Simpson

2B Alvord

and Luckie on the mound.

Only change is Alvord in for Hargett.  I like the move, Hargett's defense has been called into question, I think Alvord can spark the offense.  If Alvord is in for Hargett permanently I think we could see Gilmer at 2B, McElroy at 3B, and Alvord at SS that would be the best defensive alignment we could do in my opinion.

2 singles for us in the 3rd, but Alvord grounded into a DP.  To the Bottom of the 3rd, 1-0.

On the bright side, Tennessee swept Alabama in a double header today.  Alabama is now leading the west at 8-7, and they have Florida next week.

Here's the link for LSUs version of Gametracker.

It's better than nothing..... :-\

http://www.lsusports.net/newLiveStats/Baseball/index.dbml?GAME_STAT_ID=514959&db_oem_id=5200

This is still showing last night's final score. :'(

I guess I'll have to look here for updates.

Both Auburn and LSU don't get anything going in the 5th.

Top of the 6th, LSU still up 1-0, this is when the magic started for us last night.  Lets get this going.

Sorry guys I'm about to head out for the night, so I won't be able to do any more updates.  I'll be back to hopefully discuss the victory.  (I feel really good about this game, Luckie pitching well, and I just feel our offense is going to break out).

Archived