ncaa regionals

If we lose today, that will be our 21st loss overall and 12 SEC loss. I believe it will be al ot harder now to get in the  ncaa regionals.

any chance we'll be in this yr

Wasn't aware of this 'til today, but there's a NCAA rule that a team has to have an overall record above .500 to qualify for postseason play. The announcers said that today on the ESPN broadcast.

We're 23-21 right now with league series against UGA, Bama and Tennessee left. I think we're in danger of not making a regional simply because we've basically got win the rest of our series. I'm not saying I don't think we can do it (2 of them are at home), but our starting pitching is a disaster and our offense is really going to have to catch fire. It would probably help, too, if we wouldn't lose midweek games to the likes of Troy, South Alabama and Bethune-Cookman. But once again, that goes back to starting pitching, which we have none of.

I think if we can win at least 2 of our last 3 series and keep our record above .500, then we'll make a regional simply because we have a high RPI. But if we don't win, it won't matter. Coach P needs to light a fire under these guys' butts.

But I'll be rootin' for 'em! War Eagle!

I'm rootin' for 'em to but, their starting to fade fast. Why are we having so much trouble leaving so many guys on base. We can't buy any hits with guys on 2nd and 3rd.

If our record is above .500 we will be in. Our RPI and strength of schedule are just too good. We have 3 midweek games left (Alabama St, Samford, USA).  Hopefully we win 2 of those, I think its also possible to finish 6-3 in the rest of our conference games, but even if we finish 5-4 I think we'll make the SEC tourney and remain above .500.

Alabama St, Samford, USA

If we can't get focused and win all 3 of these games, we honestly don't deserve to play in a regional. One thing I've noticed under Pawlowski this year is that we have HUGE letdowns in the midweek games against inferior competition. We got killed by Troy, USA and we also lost to Bethune-Cookman early in the season. While Troy is decent, losing to teams like this is unacceptable.

These 3 games could make or break whether we get in a regional.

Archived