fan day - UGA

auburntiger77

They are not allowing fans to bring on memorabilia to be signed due to NCAA concerns.   That seems to be taking it too far.  Bammers messing it up for everyone.

Where did you get that information?

They are not allowing fans to bring on memorabilia to be signed due to NCAA concerns.   That seems to be taking it too far.  Bammers messing it up for everyone.

Where did you get that information?

Georgia announced it but Brooks pointed it out in a new article.

This may be an over-reaction, but it might also give some insight into the fact that there is more to the Suit-gate story in Turdville...    :dunno: :dunno:

My thoughts also, or should I say 'my hopes'.

Georgia had to set AJ Green out for the first 4 games of last season over him selling his autographed bowl jersey... Georgia has their own reasons, they don't have to be inspired by others.

Georgia had to set AJ Green out for the first 4 games of last season over him selling his autographed bowl jersey... Georgia has their own reasons, they don't have to be inspired by others.

Wasn't he actually suspended for selling his bowl jersey to someone who qualified as an agent and that is why he received a 4 game suspension???....nothing to do with an autograph.... :dunno: :dunno:

unless I am mis-remembering

Wasn't he actually suspended for selling his bowl jersey to someone who qualified as an agent and that is why he received a 4 game suspension???....nothing to do with an autograph.... :dunno: :dunno:

unless I am mis-remembering

I thought that bowl game jersey was autographed and might be why Richt is sensitive about what gets autographed at fan day or anyday.

I don't see how signing something a fan brings in for fan day could be a violation of any kind.  Even if the fan took it home and put it on ebay.  The player nor the school has any control over that.  Now, if the fan owned a store and had a stack of jerseys, that may be another issue.  ;D 

:believe:

I don't see how signing something a fan brings in for fan day could be a violation of any kind.  Even if the fan took it home and put it on ebay.  The player nor the school has any control over that.  Now, if the fan owned a store and had a stack of jerseys, that may be another issue.   ;D 

Yea, we aren't talking Apples and Apples. AJ Greene sold stuff. That is a lot different than a fan selling a signed something.

If they wanted to say only items purchased at the stadium were allowed to be signed, then fine, especially if proceeds went to charity.

Richt is on the hot seat, in large part because of last season.  Georgia got blind sided when AJ Green had to set out the first 4 games with a redshirt freshman starting at qb.  Georgia lost 3 of their first 4 games, 4 of their first 5, and I wouldn't doubt that Richt believes they might have started out 5-0 if AJ Green had not been suspended.

Maybe Richt is overreacting to make a point, maybe not.  But I'm not in his shoes where he is worried about his job... just saying, if it was me I might not let anyone sign anything. ;D

Archived