Preseason is over

AU4Ever

We made it to 9-0. But now we go down the homestretch with UGA, UA, SECCG and whatever Bowl game we end up in. The last two games, OM and KY, showed some chinks in our armor. Although we won handily, OM did give me a scare in the first half, and a few in the second half. Campbell started out nervous, and the high passes reappeared. But like the champion he, and our whole team, is, he/they settled down and came out with another big win. The week off couldn't come at a better time.

But now we get a good UGA team, a dangerous UA team, a sporadic UT team, and hopefully USC in the NC game. Now is the time to step up and be counted as one of the great AU teams of all times. Borges and CTT probably still have a few tricks up their sleeves for UGA and UA. Chizik is still running a good defense, and special teams may have won the OM game last night.

And to finish, just want to say if there is a more valuable player in the country than Ronnie Brown, I've not seen him. Cadillac is good, Campbell is good. The offense is good. The D is good. And the kicking game is good. But RB defines this team more than anyone else. Unselfish, talented, and comes ready to play every down, giving every thing he has every play. He's my MVP this year.

:au:

Very well stated AU4Ever. You are right on when you say a good UGA team, a VERY Dangerous UA team and possibly a much improved UT team with Ainge maturing... The reason for such upsets late in the year is that teams who were struggling early on go either one or two ways-- they mature and get better or they go downhill and lose hope. I feel like those teams we face ALL fit the first category with the exception of Bama. Injuries to them have limited their improvement and thier potential too. However, doubt it not, they WILL be ready to throw everything at us but the kitchen sink.... One thing that concerns me about the remaining games is that we are tired, have already won the West, and face some teams with SOMETHING to prove. A GREAT team will overcome these type of teams and I hope that we fit that category... May we win out! WDE!

I, too, hope the next four games will be the conclusion of a season the likes of we haven’t seen in decades. We still have the strong possibility of being VERY, VERY SPECIAL.

But I’ve got to say to all the team and all the coaches: YOU’VE ALREADY PROVEN YOURSELVES GREAT IN MY BOOK!

Carnell and Ronnie: You could be making big bucks in the NFL right now, but you came back and have given us a season to remember. Like D. Thomas and K. Dansby last year, you demonstrated to the world that there is something special about Auburn University and Tommy Tuberville that means more than dollars and cents, and your loyalty will not be forgotten. [Of course, by showing that you could also block, catch, return balls, and be leaders as well as merely run, you have certainly haven’t hurt your NFL value.] And you’ve done it all without jealousy, without bitterness, and always putting the team ahead of any personal glory.

Jason Campbell: You have quietly and patiently struggled through four offensive coordinators and uncounted criticism while continuing to grow and mature into one of the top college quarterbacks in the country. You could have given up a long time ago, but instead you have turned into the sort of leader that will long be remembered at Auburn. You also have given the NFL a lot more to consider in the last nine weeks and I hope to see you on Sundays in the future.

And to all the offense: You had every reason to feel emotionally crushed after the let downs of last year and what certain AU administrators tried to do to Coach Tuberville last November. Instead you came back, regrouped under yet another offensive coordinator, and have produced an offensive effort that hasn’t been seen on the Plains in quite a while.

To the defense: You have taken the “no name” label to heart and proceed to turn in a performance for the year that won’t be forgotten. Carlos Rogers-as the biggest “name” returning on defense, you could have tried to hog the glory and/or gotten upset when you weren’t in the paper every week. Instead you quietly went about your business, played great every week, and simply locked down your side of the field to where opponents avoided you at all costs. The rest of you could have become envious of all the attention the new “West Coast” offense was getting and let it affect your attitude and play. You could have let the pre-season lack of demonstrated leaders leave you stumbling and looking to others to guide you. Instead you have turned in one of the great defensive years at Auburn and rank among the best defenses in the entire country.

Al Borges: Thanks for giving us a chance while we gave you a chance get off the unfortunate detour you career took after UCLA and get back into your award winning form. You’ve proven the West Coast/Gulf Coast offense can work in the SEC despite the negative prognostications of many. Please stay around and lead us to many more seasons of greatness. And to the rest of the offensive coaching staff—you could have jumped ship, felt bitter, or simply not given CAB a chance. Instead you came together, built a unique year, and showed that the team and Auburn University mean more than any petty personal egos.

Gene Chizik and the defensive staff: You’ve had every reason to feel overwhelmed by the task of replacing so many stars from last year, and to be jealous of the attention the offense has gotten this season. Instead, you have rolled up your sleeves and once again built the sort of defense that Auburn University is known for. I hope every one of you also will also remain part of the Auburn family for many years to come.

And finally, Coach Tuberville: If anyone had reason to be bitter after last year it was you. No one could have blamed you if you were somewhere else this fall. Instead, you showed the willingness to forgive and forget, and demonstrated the character to put Auburn University ahead of any personal animosity. You have built a great program that should remain near the top for years to come. But more importantly, you built this program on standards of loyalty, integrity, and academic excellence. You chose young boys of class and potential and turned them into men of great character and initiative. You have built one of the great college football programs of the country. You ARE a part of the Auburn family and always will be and I hope you have many more happy years here.

We have four more games left, and none more important than “the next one” each week. But win or lose, in my book, YOU ARE ALL ALREADY GREAT AND IT HAS BEEN A GREAT SEASON. Thank you!

..now let's go win the next one.

[Edited typo--just re-read and noticed I typed that Carnell and Ronnie played with bitterness. :no: Obviously I meant without!!]

I, too, hope the next four games will be the conclusion of a season the likes of we haven’t seen in decades.  We still have the strong possibility of being VERY, VERY SPECIAL.

But I’ve got to say to all the team and all the coaches:  YOU’VE ALREADY PROVEN YOURSELVES GREAT IN MY BOOK!

Carnell and Ronnie: You could be making big bucks in the NFL right now, but you came back and have given us a season to remember.  Like D. Thomas and K. Dansby last year, you demonstrated to the world that there is something special about Auburn University and Tommy Tuberville that means more than dollars and cents, and your loyalty will not be forgotten.  [Of course, by showing that you could also block, catch, return balls, and be leaders as well as merely run, you have certainly haven’t hurt your NFL value.]  And you’ve done it all without jealousy, with bitterness, and always putting the team ahead of any personal glory.

Jason Campbell: You have quietly and patiently struggled through four offensive coordinators and uncounted criticism while continuing to grow and mature into one of the top college quarterbacks in the country.  You could have given up a long time ago, but instead you have turned into the sort of leader that will long be remembered at Auburn.  You also have given the NFL a lot more to consider in the last nine weeks and I hope to see you on Sundays in the future.

And to all the offense:  You had every reason to feel emotionally crushed after the let downs of last year and what certain AU administrators tried to do to Coach Tuberville last November.  Instead you came back, regrouped under yet another offensive coordinator, and have produced an offensive effort that hasn’t been seen on the Plains in quite a while.

To the defense:  You have taken the “no name” label to heart and proceed to turn in a performance for the year that won’t be forgotten.  Carlos Rogers-as the biggest “name” returning on defense, you could have tried to hog the glory and/or gotten upset when you weren’t in the paper every week. Instead you quietly went about your business, played great every week, and simply locked down your side of the field to where opponents avoided you at all costs.  The rest of you could have become envious of all the attention the new “West Coast” offense was getting and let it affect your attitude and play.  You could have let the pre-season lack of demonstrated leaders leave you stumbling and looking to others to guide you. Instead you have turned in one of the great defensive years at Auburn and rank among the best defenses in the entire country.

Al Borges:  Thanks for giving us a chance while we gave you a chance get off the unfortunate detour you career took after UCLA and get back into your award winning  form.  You’ve proven the West Coast/Gulf Coast offense can work in the SEC despite the negative prognostications of many.  Please stay around and lead us to many more seasons of greatness.  And to the rest of the offensive coaching staff—you could have jumped ship, felt bitter, or simply not given CAB a chance.  Instead you came together, built a unique year, and showed that the team and Auburn University mean more than any petty personal egos.

Gene Chizik and the defensive staff:  You’ve had every reason to feel overwhelmed by the task of replacing so many stars from last year, and to be jealous of the attention the offense has gotten this season.  Instead, you have rolled up your sleeves and once again built the sort of defense that Auburn University is known for.  I hope every one of you also will also remain part of the Auburn family for many years to come.

And finally, Coach Tuberville:  If anyone had reason to be bitter after last year it was you.  No one could have blamed you if you were somewhere else this fall.  Instead, you showed the willingness to forgive and forget, and demonstrated the character to put Auburn University ahead of any personal animosity.  You have built a great program that should remain near the top for years to come.  But more importantly, you built this program on standards of loyalty, integrity, and academic excellence.  You chose young boys of class and potential and turned them into men of great character and initiative.  You have built one of the great college football programs of the country.  You ARE a part of the Auburn family and always will be and I hope you have many more happy years here.

We have four more games left, and none more important than “the next one” each week.  But win or lose, in my book, YOU ARE ALL ALREADY GREAT AND IT HAS BEEN A GREAT SEASON.  Thank you!

..now let's go win the next one.

116778[/snapback]

:thumbsup::thumbsup::clap::clap::clap:

mvp ronnie brown? dont make me laugh

It is Campbell's play that has brought us here....he was the biggest question mark coming into the season....and his awesome playing every saturday has gotten us to where we are today.

Campbell is the most VALUABLE player to auburn right now.

From CTT to the assistants and the players, Auburn looked at the O.M. game as one which we should win going away. It's almost like playing the game was an after thought ( exggerating for effect, I know ) Auburn has won the SEC West and is coming to Atlanta - YES! Now attention will focus squarly on UGA for the next 13 days. When push came to shove, Auburn stood up and smacked the hapless Rebs down and stomped on 'em. They did what had to be done, and lets face it... Auburn was it's own worse enemy on Sat night. Once the Tigers woke up, it was game over.

Great job, CTT . Keep up the good work and War Eagle!

Archived