Point Guard

AUBourne

I would really like to see Coach Barbee turn PG over to Brian Greene Jr. I thought he played pretty well against Ole Miss and South Carolina. He gives us some added offensive capabilities when he is in. And at this point in the season with the record below 500 I don't see the point in not letting him get as much experience as possible.

Thoughts?

I expect he will see more playing time when TB thinks he is ready. He's not as quick as Wallace but might be more of a scoring threat...which we really need...at least until Price gets his shooting eye back. Guess I trust TB on how he does this.

I've been wanting this for weeks. He will likely be the starting PG next year, too so give him experience.

I agree about getting him some experience. Good play at the guards position is so important in this offense. Earlier I was trying to take a guess at next years lineup to try and get an early feel for what next season will bring. We lose a lot of points from this team.

BTW, I noticed the tweets below from Aaron Brenner but it gave no details and mentioned no source.

@wareagleextra

Look for a change to the #Auburn starting lineup, Wednesday at Georgia. Same five have started the last four games, all losses.

@wareagleextra

By the way, not totally true: Shaq started three of those Ls, Noel started one. Either way, a Johnson.

Wallace is by far our best PG option. He breaks presses and actually scored some. When he was out, we struggled against Ole Miss.

Wallace did have a fair night with 9 points. But I thought we built a lead with him out of the game. Lost lead when he came back in, but maybe my memory is faulty. Biggest problem is defense only token guards him when he is out behind the arch and it really hurts our offense. In our offense every possession should be a 3 point shot, a layup, or a foul with an occasional floater on driving penetration. When one of your guards can't shoot the 3 that greatly diminishes CTB's options. Also and maybe most importantly (JMHO), AU is not going to the tourney so might as well build for next season by getting BG Jr. some experience. Just would like to see him at least get 25 minutes per game. Anyway just MHO and trying to get more bb talk on here.

Wallace is by far our best PG option. He breaks presses and actually scored some. When he was out, we struggled against Ole Miss.

You are right...he has the "quicks" but nobody respects his shooting....he can stand outside at the 3 point line all day and the opposition just dares him to take a shot. We need some shooters....and just don't seem to have any at the moment.

Brian Greene Jr. is second in the SEC in FG % and second in offense efficiency in limited minutes.He is shooting 58% from the field and 63% from behind the arc in SEC play.

Greene Jr. has tons more potential, and we aren't going to win or go to anything of importance, so why not just go ahead and start him if he doesn't have any discipline or attitude problems?

Wallace is doing a great job. You don't just up and dump an upperclassman to play a young guy if the upperclassman isn't playing poorly. Wallace can break the press all by himself and is super quick. He deserves to play. No, he can't shoot a lick, and he could stand to penetrate more to get more open looks for the other guys, but it's not time to replace him.

Wallace is doing a great job. You don't just up and dump an upperclassman to play a young guy if the upperclassman isn't playing poorly. Wallace can break the press all by himself and is super quick. He deserves to play. No, he can't shoot a lick, and he could stand to penetrate more to get more open looks for the other guys, but it's not time to replace him.

+

IMO it's too early to write the season off and that's what TB would be doing if he arbitrarily replaced Wallace with Greene before Greene was playing the best.

Greene will get there and anyway, there is no way either of them can play an entire game. There is plenty of time for Greene to prove himself and if he is able to run the team and also score enough to keep the opposition's defense honest, he will be playing more.

He would still get plenty of playing time, but Greene Jr. would just play a little more. 20 or 25 would be ideal.

Well this is interesting:

@JoelAEricksonAU

#Auburn's starting lineup: Allen Payne, Chris Denson, Shaq Johnson, Frankie Sullivan, Rob Chubb

Trying for more scoring I guess....but that plan sure ain't working in the first half of the UGa game...no one hitting anything.

At this point, who cares who plays point. Stick Chubb out there if you want. This is a defeated team. Until someone lights a fire under them, they will struggle the rest of the year.

Don't know why Greene didn't play..

good question...announcers never mentioned him.

Looks from CBS's stats, Greene played for 2 min.

Considering how bad the team shot, looks like TB would have tried to get some scoring from everyone...Greene must be pretty far down the list.

Archived