J.J. are you seeing this?

AURules

41-17 at half against Illinois who is not even ranked...really J.J. really? Watching our beloved Tiger football team spank Mizzou last night was awesome and then turning our attention to the MSU vs. Ohio State game when MSU prevailed as expected thus pushing us right into the National Championship game was just too much good fortune! I mean the word "proud" just doesn't capture it all. Now fast forward 15 hours to Auburn basketball and talk about being brought down to earth. I feel like what a heat seeking missile must feel like just before impact!!! ...Boom it's over...at half time!!! Too bad we can't feel good about all of our teams because Barbee apparently has nine lives!!! Too bad we are settling for mediocrity in basketball when our football team is exceeding all expectations!!! Too bad we just sunk all that money into a new state of the art Arena for a team that can't win!!! The man can't coach therefore the players can't play....are you seeing this J.J.? I guess we are supposed to believe that everyone else has their best game of the year against us and our lack of play has nothing to do with it....are you seeing this J.J.? Here's your sign: The right coach will provide measurable results in the first year and he will create some kind identity for our team....now please go hire him and end this misery for all of us!!! Barbee has not done either in 4 seasons!!!

AURules....Barbee is done. No question about it. Time will tell if he makes it out of the season, but from an economic standpoint I expect it to be after the season is over.

• 2 weeks later...

how is his buyout$? I have always thought he was a good coach but had trouble or just bad luck getting and retaining players, but whatever the reason is now I think we just have to start over. I would hire somebody like bobby knight. he too old to coach more than 2 or 3 years but might jumpstart something.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree...there just seems to be no legitimate reason to keep Barbee. Auburn Basketball has fallen off the charts and we are wasting very good facilities and any possibility of an improved future by keeping him around.

Archived