Whoa there guys

vatz22au

Now cmon, me being one month away from 20 yrs. old I am sure some of you adults on here can do some math. Ive been reading a couple of posts that people are actually rooting for USC's opponents to lose. We want USC's strength of schedule to GO UP. Right now oklahoma is sitting at #1 in the computer polls, due to strength of schedule. Heres what we should be doing.....we should be rooting for anyone who played USC...and booing anyone who played Oklahoma. It makes alot of sense, we want USC to be #1 in all 3 categories so we can get that annoying #1 computer poll ranking on Oklahoma to vanish, therefore dropping them down in points. Even if Usc's strength of shcedule went down, they would still be #2 in the BCS because they are #1 in both polls. CMON GUYS USE SOME COMMON SENSE

This is the argument I had with my brother. We can never overcome USC unless they lose, so therefore we need USC to jump Oklahoma in the computers, that and a miracle in the human polls are our only chance if we all win out...

He was arguing that taking votes away from USC in the human polls would help us, but I don't see that helping at all, Oklahoma is just as likely as us to get those points ...

we just need oklahoma to lose votes (whether they get taken by USC or Auburn -- doesn't matter). But I'll be cheering for ND to win or a USC blowout.

Right now, VaTech is tied with UVA at halftime. Only USC opponent in action, I think. ASU lost yesterday.

Let me see.......I pulled for TXAM to beat TX......didn't happen. I pulled for OK State to beat OU....didn't happen. I pulled for USC to lose to Cal....didn't happen. I pulled for Podunk U to beat Hi Fidelity High....didn't happen. I dont think it's doing any good for me to pull for any team. So I'm pulling for USC to beat ND and UCLA. (I've decided to use reverse psychology)

It's not that I'm rooting for USC opponents to lose, per se. It's that...and listen closely this time...

I HATE NOTRE FREAKIN' DAME!!!!

:au::au::au::au:

Now cmon, me being one month away from 20 yrs. old I am sure some of you adults on here can do some math.  Ive been reading a couple of posts that people are actually rooting for USC's opponents to lose.  We want USC's strength of schedule to GO UP.  Right now oklahoma is sitting at #1 in the computer polls, due to strength of schedule.  Heres what we should be doing.....we should be rooting for anyone who played USC...and booing anyone who played Oklahoma.  It makes alot of sense, we want USC to be #1 in all 3 categories so we can get that annoying #1 computer poll ranking on Oklahoma to vanish, therefore dropping them down in points.  Even if Usc's strength of shcedule went down, they would still be #2 in the BCS because they are #1 in both polls.  CMON GUYS USE SOME COMMON SENSE

126522[/snapback]

I hear what you are saying, but USC plays in the punk-10, a weak conference yet again compared to the SEC. Many of us believe that USC does not deserve a shot at the title if AU and OU remain undefeated. But, the elitists at the AP annointed USC #1 long ago. Whaddy gonna do? :poke: This is a lot like last year. A USC loss would really clear the national championship picture up. In fact, if any of the Big 3 lose, it would do so.

You can bet the BCS gurus are hoping and praying that one of the three top undefeated teams lose. They know their system is flawed. The shortcomings showed up last year, so they tweak to correct the flaws. They evidently just 'assumed' that there would never be this many undefeated teams this late into the season. They have no solution other than to rely on an inanimate object (computer) to tell them who are the two best teams. I've said the BCS system sucked since it's inception. It really sucks this year!!!!!

Archived