Baseball vs. Kentucky game 1

Auburn led for 6 innings despite some miss plays but the usual array of mistakes caught up with them and UK scored 4 in the 7th to take the lead....6-3

Been pitching by committee tonight

I do not get the pitching merry-go-round. 7 pitchers in 8 innings at last count. What was the point in constantly changing? Nobody had a chance to even get into any kind of rhythm.

CSG makes some very strange decisions.

In the bottom of the seventh we give up a walk, two hit by pitch, an error and three singles to allow four runs. All we needed was a catcher interference and Ringling Brothers might've thrown up the big top. Hard to be an Auburn Tiger during baseball season.

In the bottom of the seventh we give up a walk, two hit by pitch, an error and three singles to allow four runs. All we needed was a catcher interference and Ringling Brothers might've thrown up the big top. Hard to be an Auburn Tiger during baseball season.

Now come on man ............... you don't mean that ............. it's never HARD to be an AUBURN TIGER .

WAR EAGLE anyhow dammit ! Say it ......... Say it right now ........... do it ............ just holler WAR DAMN EAGLE !

We shall never surrender ......... even in the face of an ass whipp'n we shall persevere to whip ass and take no ones

word in advance that somebody is gona whip ours .

Hell .............. I feel better already . :wareagle:

I do not get the pitching merry-go-round. 7 pitchers in 8 innings at last count. What was the point in constantly changing? Nobody had a chance to even get into any kind of rhythm.

CSG makes some very strange decisions.

JMO but looks like he reversed his "rotation" since Sunday has been the "committee day". It almost worked....until the defensive collapse in the 7th. We are 50+ games into the season and nobody but the big two have shown the ability to pitch more than an inning or two before they can't find the plate or else they are throwing 82 mph fast balls down the middle.

So if I read this correctly, Ortman and Thompson will get their shots against UKs #2 and #3 pitchers today and tomorrow? TV game this afternoon.

Might be a way to get two games on the road for AU. Certainly worth a try.

"Committee Day" is obviously not working. It just messes with the whole team to change pitchers every inning,and it keeps them in constant upheaval defensively. It's a hard night for the catcher that's for sure.

"Committee Day" is obviously not working. It just messes with the whole team to change pitchers every inning,and it keeps them in constant upheaval defensively. It's a hard night for the catcher that's for sure.

I see your point....but we really don't have a 3rd starter this season....just check the stats and note that just everyone that has been tried as the Sunday starter has been knocked out after a couple innings...by which time the game was usually out of hand. I can see the logic of using these guys and hoping to get one or two solid innings from them...and getting them out before the wheels come off. The scheme worked up until the 7th when the circus came to town as someone noted...hit batters, wild pitch, fielding error....and then a few hits...and the game was lost.

At least one game in each series is going to pitched by the "committee"....Friday night or Sunday afternoon...guess it does not matter much except UK will likely have their 3rd rated starter going against Ortman or Thompson and AU maybe able to give them some run support for a change. UK does not have much pitching so there is a reasonable chance to win one or both of the remaining games.

I think there's talent that could've been developed in that 3rd starter role but the chance was lost early in the season. I think CSG is an impatient coach who makes rash decisions and has to live with them later on down the road.....so we have pitching by committee.

Maybe AU can win the series. I sure hope so, for the sake of the team. They need something good to happen.

pitching by committee in a SEC game......I seen it in midweek games..but never or hardly ever in a weekend league series....its incredibly difficult on the fielders with constant change and delays..tend to play on your heels.....also how can a pitcher get into a "grove" when he is pulled after a hit or a walk...most pitchers suffer thru a poor stretch in a game but normally can work out of it.......some pitchers take several innings before settling down.....I agree with Tiger Belle....it seems Galloway coaches out of desperation instead of letting the game come to him......I would hate to be a starting pitcher knowing that any walk or hit....he may come get me.....puts a lot of pressure on these kids

Now come on man ............... you don't mean that ............. it's never HARD to be an AUBURN TIGER .

WAR EAGLE anyhow dammit ! Say it ......... Say it right now ........... do it ............ just holler WAR DAMN EAGLE !

We shall never surrender ......... even in the face of an ass whipp'n we shall persevere to whip ass and take no ones

word in advance that somebody is gona whip ours .

Hell .............. I feel better already . :wareagle:/>

WAR EAGLE!!!!

pitching by committee in a SEC game......I seen it in midweek games..but never or hardly ever in a weekend league series....its incredibly difficult on the fielders with constant change and delays..tend to play on your heels.....also how can a pitcher get into a "grove" when he is pulled after a hit or a walk...most pitchers suffer thru a poor stretch in a game but normally can work out of it.......some pitchers take several innings before settling down.....I agree with Tiger Belle....it seems Galloway coaches out of desperation instead of letting the game come to him......I would hate to be a starting pitcher knowing that any walk or hit....he may come get me.....puts a lot of pressure on these kids

One last comment but frankly the "committee" members are not very good pitchers....weren't very good last season and after 50 games this season most of them can't make it past a couple innings before they have problems. That's pretty much the way it is and yep it's probably desperation at this point...and maybe trying to find a way to get a better match-up situation for the two SEC quality pitchers that we have.

Respectfully AU64 I think Michael O'Neal was a pretty decent pitcher last season but all the defensive errors did not help any of our pitchers win games. And all the dead bats hurt too. CSG messed with O'Neal's pitches and he hasn't been the same since. Koger had a good freshman season. He was great in high school. What happened to these kids? Wasn't McCord supposed to be really talented?

excellent point.....O'neal was a quality pitcher....I just don't understand using 7-8 pitchers like it was the 7th game of the world series...Friday night is a huge game in a series....I don't get the experiment......especially on Friday night....go with your ace....get the 1st win under your belt...in fact...a lot I don't get the Galloway does...I think most everybody will agree..

681-337-1

It didn't happen overnight. If he's still struggling a year from now I'll start to worry but until then I say he knows what he's doing.

Let's hope there's a method to his madness and that he revises his approach to interviews from now on. I am such a fan of college baseball, and AU baseball in particular. It would be nice to feel good about the coach and the way the team is playing.

Archived