Question(s)

aubiford

Do us :au: fans get to claim disability for PEST (Post Election Selection Trauma)? I feel like crap today after what happened to our beloved football team :angry:

At least :au: gets to play an excellent team (VT) in the Sugar Bowl.

Also, I haven't seen it mentioned, but what would ya'll think about CTT being the AD/Football Coach?

WDE

Guest Tigrinum Major
Also, I haven't seen it mentioned, but what would  ya'll think about CTT being the AD/Football Coach?

129818[/snapback]

The days of football coaches being AD are over. Football and too many other sports are big business. Basketball and baseball are what football programs used to be. If you devote too much time to football coaching, other programs suffer. If you devote too much time to making sure you don't lose your basketball coach that just took your team to the Sweet Sixteen, your football team suffers. See Watson Brown at UAB.

I think there are two reason why the days of head football coach also being AD are over:

1) As "Known By" says, football and other sports are too big these days for one person to do everything, and

2) In these days of tighter NCAA regulations and rampant violations, schools don't want to give the football coach too much power--they want him to answer to someone. So they want a third party to oversee the football program & coaches. [Of course, I don't think this will ever be a problem with CTT--he's a man of character.]

Archived