AP National Champions....

theMan

will be crowned tonight also. the ajc surveyed some of the voters and the consensus is that tonight's winner is THE National Champs.....

Following Auburn's 16-13 Sugar Bowl win, the AJC asked a few of the 58 voters on The Associated Press panel who didn't have the Tigers ranked No. 1 if they'd reconsider based on Monday's results and the outcome of tonight's BCS title tilt in the Orange Bowl. What they had to say:

"I haven't seen enough good from Auburn to push them ahead of the Oklahoma-USC winner  to this point. If the Orange Bowl is a sloppy contest and both teams look flat  kind of like OU's 13-2 victory over Florida State four years ago in the Orange Bowl  I might reconsider. But I didn't see enough to make me go, 'Wow, they deserve the national championship.' "  Tim Griffin, San Antonio Express-News

"Auburn had a great season, but it would take a complete meltdown on the parts of both USC and Oklahoma for me to consider moving the Tigers to No. 1. I guess that means there's a slight possibility, but not a likely one. And I don't know that a more convincing victory would have helped."

 Todd Harmonson, Orange County Register

"I will not vote for Auburn No. 1 in any circumstance. It's quite simple. I think they are No. 3 in the nation. If 2 beats 1 or 1 beats 2, I don't see how 3 can elevate over that winner."  Bob Smizik,

Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

"I will not vote for Auburn No. 1 in any circumstance. It's quite simple. I think they are No. 3 in the nation. If 2 beats 1 or 1 beats 2, I don't see how 3 can elevate over that winner." — Bob Smizik,

Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

135999[/snapback]

Heck, will he vote us #2 or will he let the loser be at #2?

What do they have to see? Auburn did all they could do. I guess he had to see Auburn watch OK or USC lose to someone?

"I will not vote for Auburn No. 1 in any circumstance. It's quite simple. I think they are No. 3 in the nation. If 2 beats 1 or 1 beats 2, I don't see how 3 can elevate over that winner." — Bob Smizik,

Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

So where was this chump in '83 to defend us???

God I'm so sick of this crap...I'm glad the season's over. Maybe now all the "experts" can stfu about how Auburn hasn't proved anything until they beat team "x".

Thanks for the memories Seniors!

Archived