Iraq elections

Tigermike

After watching the elections in Iraq this past weekend, I was truly proud of our men and women in the military who are serving in Iraq. I am happy for the Iraqi people and proud that they are taking control of the future for themselves and their children.

Several thoughts on Iraq, freedom, liberty,,,,

"Liberty, when it begins to take root, is a plant of rapid growth." --George Washington

"Of all the so-called natural human rights that have ever been invented, liberty is least likely to be cheap and is never free of cost." --Robert Heinlein

"Sunday was a great day to be an American, and an even better day to be an Iraqi. Notwithstanding the best efforts of Osama bin Laden, Barbara Boxer, Jacques Chirac, Ted Kennedy, Saddam Hussein and Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, millions of Iraqis cast their first free ballots. The scenes of joyous Iraqis embracing freedom were as moving as watching Germans dance on the Berlin Wall 15 years ago -- and all the more impressive given that Iraqi voters faced real physical danger from terrorists seeking a return to tyranny." --James Taranto

"Self-governed nations do not often go to war with each other or actively sponsor terrorist networks. Those who wish for our failure in Iraq know this well." --Lisa Fabrizio

"The people of Iraq have spoken to the world, and the world is hearing the voice of freedom from the center of the Middle East." --President George W. Bush

Our troops deserve the most credit of all imo. However, I gotta give massive respect to the iraqi people who had the balls to risk their lives and vote!

You got that right. Some people here take that right for granted.

Could anyone tell how some people were impatient because they had to WAIT before they could vote?

Although, now that the warm, fuzzy feeling has left some democrats, they are back to blasting Iraq. Some say that the elections weren't ligit. My question is, How do some of these US Congressmen and Senators know this?

Some say that the elections weren't ligit. My question is, How do some of these US Congressmen and Senators know this?

143981[/snapback]

Link? I haven't heard anyone say this.

I'm currently looking for a link, but it was an Ohio Congressman or Senator that said this. He said this on Hannity and Colmes.

He said this because he felt that there weren't enough poll workers and people advising the polls.

His name begins with a K.

Something like Kutchis?

This was Monday or Tuesday Night

[url=http://www.house.gov/apps/list/press/oh10_kucinich/041220iraq.html]http://www.house.gov/apps/list/press/oh10_kucinich/041220iraq.html[/uR

Kucinich again:

Congressman Dennis J. Kucinich (D-OH) issued the following statement today on the escalating violence in Iraq:

“The brazen executions, captured on film for the world to see, shows Iraq out of control, despite Administration rhetoric. The US occupation has failed to provide security. It's time for the Administration to be honest with the American public: Free and fair elections cannot, and will not, happen under such conditions. The January election can only be a sham.

“American troops and American taxpayers are footing the bill for a war that was never needed, and a war that is counterproductive to the security interests of our nation. No weapons of mass destruction have been found in Iraq and the 9/11 Commission has determined that Saddam Hussein had nothing to do with the September 11th attacks.

“Now is the time for a new direction in Iraq. We must end the occupation of Iraq. It is time for a new plan. It is time, to begin the process of getting the UN in and the US out.”

-

Archived