Demitris Summers

SCWarEagle

Has been kicked off the team by Steve Spurrier. I'll bet they'll REALLY be missing Kenny Irons right about now. Too damn bad.

I saw this kid play in HS and for the Lamecocks. He always seemed to be just one step short of really being a top notch back in college, plus he had an injury problem. Apparently, he also has a weed problem.

Here's the link;

http://www.wistv.com/Global/story.asp?S=3016488&nav=0RaMWyJ9

He is a quality back he will play somewhere next year, its probally good that he is leaving the fun and gun O

Wouldn't be the first good running back he has run off at a new job, i.e. Emmit Smith when he took over at Florida and Stephen Davis when he got to the Washington Redskins.

He is a quality back he will play somewhere next year

148990[/snapback]

Don't know anything about him, so can't comment on how "quality" he may be, but I am curious about something else:

Does the "Sit out a year for transfers" rule apply here? I know if he had voluntarily chosen to transfer to another 1-A school he would have to sit out a year (as Irons did at Auburn). If he is involuntarily dropped from a team, does he become immediately eligible to play somewhere else?

I'm not condoning wrongdoing by any means, but it does seem like if it's not a kid's choice to leave, he shouldn't be penalized for going to another school that wants him.

Archived