Saddam caught with his pants down

Auburn85

What do you think of these pictures? Are we in some way depicting torture on Saddam? Is this a violation of the Geneva Convention?

Is there any comparison to the Newsweek story or Abu Garib?

Should we expect riots in the streets of Iraq?

Haven't seen the pictures but here's 1 vote in favor of torturing saddam, lol.

160479[/snapback]

Saddam :biggun:

What do you think of these pictures? Are we in some way depicting torture on Saddam? Is this a violation of the Geneva Convention?

Is there any comparison to the Newsweek story or Abu Garib?

Should we expect riots in the streets of Iraq?

160477[/snapback]

I think it's much ado about nothing. Anyone who equates the publication of this picture with actual "torture" doesn't know the meaning of the word. A British publication published the photo, not the US military who is holding him. No, it's not a Geneva convention violation.

No comparison whatsoever.

If there are riots, then we can assume the rioters are Saddam's supporters. I recommend the Iraqi government film the heck out of the riots to identify Saddam's supporters -- it'll come in handy down the road.

I agree completetly with the paper's opinon (free press & stuff): link

Dudman, The Sun's managing editor, defended the decision to print the pictures.

"They are a fantastic, iconic set of news pictures that I defy any newspaper, magazine, or television station who were presented with them not to have published," he said. "He's not been mistreated. He's washing his trousers. This is the modern-day Adolf Hitler. Please don't ask us to feel sorry for him."

Archived