NCAA 06 is out...

woods1110

Auburncovercopy.jpg

More to come!

Anyone else got it yet? If so, have you played it and what's it like?

I can't play it til I get off work...

I haven't but when I went to Best Buy, they had it set up on a TV and two guys were playing it and they have a promotion where if you can score on a Best Buy employee in a 3 Min. Quarter, you get 10 % off...

I didn't play but from what I was watching...IT WAS AWESOME! The sound is so much better and the annoucers didn't sound as goofy...

I can't wait to get home and play it...

I've been reading some criticism of the new game saying the offense was a lot easier and they've replaced some of the fight songs with other MADDEN-esque music. sounds weird.

I don't really care about all the dynasty or heisman or recruiting modes. I just like playing football. I wanted to know how much better the graphics were compared to 05. It's hard to tell by looking at the pics online. Happy gaming. I might have to pull out 05 tonite and take the Hummer & Caddy out for a spin. Sweet! WDE!

Well I just opened it and it suprised me that it went straight to Heisman mode. I didn't even press anything.

The new juke buttons are horribly placed if u ask me, so I changed it back to the 2005 mode. Pressing X to sprint and the analog to juke is too difficult for me.

Music is like Madden in that you just have music play now.

The heisman mode thing is ok. I'm suprised it lets you start. You would think you'd have to earn your starting position. Because I am starting over Kenny and the other guys right now. Though I did wrack up 200+ yards on the ground and 3 TDs against GT. The drills don't make much sense to me - seems pointless. Doesn't do anything.

The new commentary thing at pregame is a lil premature. The graphics there aren't all good and its much shorter, but then again I've only played one game. The graphics are like eleventy-billion times different.

I think I'll go and try and beat Bama. I wish my online adapter worked.

Well I just opened it and it suprised me that it went straight to Heisman mode. I didn't even press anything.

The new juke buttons are horribly placed if u ask me, so I changed it back to the 2005 mode. Pressing X to sprint and the analog to juke is too difficult for me.

Music is like Madden in that you just have music play now.

The heisman mode thing is ok. I'm suprised it lets you start. You would think you'd have to earn your starting position. Because I am starting over Kenny and the other guys right now. Though I did wrack up 200+ yards on the ground and 3 TDs against GT. The drills don't make much sense to me - seems pointless. Doesn't do anything.

The new commentary thing at pregame is a lil premature. The graphics there aren't all good and its much shorter, but then again I've only played one game. The graphics are like eleventy-billion times different.

I think I'll go and try and beat Bama. I wish my online adapter worked.

LOL jsut found my first glitch. My school newspaper, the Campus Gazette  <_<   says "The D Seems Ready" and it has a picture of me tackling some GT kid - I'm a RB!!

The video clips on the main menu are neat!

Does anyone know if they fixed cheats, like jamming receivers and LB blitz'. I don't know how they worked, but I was hopin they'd be gone for online play - but I doubt it.

168500[/snapback]

I just got it and the game looks really nice. The actual game play is pretty good. Stanley Mclover cannot be blocked. I play on heisman and he was in the backfield every play shutting down GT's run game. Also Cox is decent on the game very accurate but his awareness is suspect. Courtney Talyor catches pretty much everything. I would constantly change out Tre Kenny and Carl. Kenny Broke 2 long runs in the first half of the first game I played. One for 80 and one for 65. The touchdown celebrations are goofy though. On Defense I gave up some big plays because I was use to pressing O to sprint but they changed it to where X is sprint and O changes players.

Other things: I like the uniforms. the look darker blue with bigger numbers .

Corso is still goofy and puts on the tiger's head when he chooses Auburn to win

All of the other things I havent realy got in to yet.

I did go through the summer camp as a high school qb( It takes you into that mode from the start :no: and got offered scholarships from :ut::uga::uf: and FSU, but chose to walk on at :au::big: .

that X and O thing on defense is screwing with my head...

oh well...hopefully i'll be more used to it after a couple more games

EDIT: i just went into controller settings and put it on 2005. really the only thing that changes is that. feels much better now

I made that same adjustment. Reggie Ball scrambling for 15 yards a run. Not anymore :no::no: .

Is there some way to actually get those custom covers? I just finished my first season on the heisman thing. I guess it's pretty cool. I didn't understand the drills either. The only thing it lets me do in the playbook thing is practice the option....i know i am a scrambeling qb, but come on. Oh, and I don't like how you can't look at the recruiting classes and off season player progress and such in this mode, but it's still an interesting differen perspective. The Impact player feater is cool, and I kinda like the new controls other than i keep hitting y to scramble and throwing it to the y reciever...i'll get used to that though. I just simulated a season in dynasty and we lose 2 regular season games. Miss st, and arky. :huh: Oh well, baba #5-6 and we beat them 21-14. THey also lost to Mid Tn St in heisman mode. We di dn't make it to the SECCG as we were the only team to beat LSU. #6 UGA beats #2 LSU in the championship game. Here is the funniest part....we and UT were ranked ahead of UGA and AU plays UT in the rose bolw for the NC and wins! HAHA! This game comes up with some stupid simulations. Oh well. WAR EAGLE!

Has anyone looked at the NCAA Tutorials? If you go to offense, they use Auburn's offense vs UGA to do the tutorial. I find it funny that they use last year's players/team in this year's model tho lol.

Guest Tigrinum Major

Corso is still goofy and puts on the tiger's head when he chooses Auburn to win

168507[/snapback]

I am glad that Auburn won't let him do it on the ESPN show. That is just one more reason that Auburn is different and special in my heart.

War Damn Eagle!

Let's get it on!

Won't get my copy until Friday. Does anyone know if the 2004 Auburn team is one of the unlockable teams (like the Aubie Mascot Team)? Also, on the Auburn All Time team, are Caddy and Ronnie on it as RBs, and Jason as a QB?

One thing I have noticed is the kicking game is a lot easier. Instead of going for it on 4th down and long you can actually punt the ball real far. The Impact player thing is pretty cool. It's very easy to return a punt for a touchdown and this time you can actually score or give up a touchdown on the kickoff. The Heisman mode is stupid in the fact that you can't even chose where you wanna go to school it offers like 3 schools or walk-on. Like War Eagle 57 I picked to be a scrambling qb and running the option is all it will allow you to do. I have started a dynasty with Rice and I am 3-0. Pretty easy with Varsity so don't choose anything lower it's just boring. What get's me is they rate Auburn and Alabama's programs as 5 star and then rate UGA, Tenn, and LSU 6 stars. I also want to know if last year's team is a classic team like Auburn 2004. The recruiting is better but have not really gotten that far. Pretty cool game so far.

Archived