SI preview of Auburn

vatz22au

The article points out one key to the season - our initial five game home stand. That is going to be critical - most of these are teams we can use as warm-up games - a few mistakes MAY not hurt us in these games and will help these kids learn and grow. Better to make an error against Ball State than LSU or Arkansas.

The article points out one key to the season - our initial five game home stand.  That is going to be critical - most of these are teams we can use as warm-up games - a few mistakes MAY not hurt us in these games and will help these kids learn and grow.  Better to make an error against Ball State than LSU or Arkansas.

168504[/snapback]

I expect we'll all know a lot after the Ga Tech game which I believe will be more than a warm-up game. My feelings are we win, but I must guard against becoming over confident as the game approaches. Heck, after last year I must guard against believing we will do it again ... I'm I the only one?

WAR EAGLE!!!

My favorite two lines:

Everything is stable at the top. Coach Tommy Tuberville parlayed Auburn's successful season into a seven-year contract that could be worth $18 million. He also beat down the would-be assassins and saboteurs who wanted his head the year before by putting together one of the great take-that seasons in college history.
The headline-grabbers could be defensive ends Stanley McClover and Quentin Groves. They combined for 15 sacks last season even though they started just two games between them

Archived