if we do not come up with some common sense gun laws to protect our children

aubiefifty

i say let the kids vote. look what we are teaching and showing our children.Guns mean more to some americans than childrens lives and if you think this is damaging enough just thinking about you are not very smart. they see what is happening. they see what their worth is in the eye's of too many adults to be honest. talk about destroying someones self esteem besides the nightmares and the horrors they saw inflicted on friends. it is insanity. and it is evil. these children and even parents are scarred for life. i know a few things about scars and it is not pleasant. when did your right to carry a gun trump a childs life? they are certainly not asking for all your guns just the ones that are just about impossible to defend against. and you guys getting mad cus you have to have your pea shooters sit around and bitch about the mostly left and how horrible we are but what have YOU done to try and help the situation? i hope none of your grandchildren ever have to smear blood on themselves from a close friend in the hopes they will not be murdered as well.Or have to identify a little girl by her keds because they turned her face into hamburger meat. it sounds ugly and it is ugly. Your politicians are not going to do a damn thing that helps because it is a hot button issue and they can get tons of votes out of it and keep on getting rich on dark money. how many more children have to die? when is the body count going to be high enough to say enough is enough? i know this is not popular with a lot of folks and it takes courage to speak up. i am sure there are answers out there if both sides would come together to do something meaningful. The childs life you save might be part of your own family.

I agree with some gun control....I feel like securing our school is like 10+ times likely effective over gun control...feels like a broken record trying to explain to many that there is gun laws in place that's not being enforced......no need to get into it if it's going to be ignored...I can only hope two locked doors, extra resource officers and allowing teachers with CWP permits to carry if they choose can be an answer...  ...the.knee jerk "ban guns!!"...is sorta ignorant.....

Edited by SaturdayGT

2 hours ago, SaturdayGT said:

I agree with some gun control....I feel like securing our school is like 10+ times likely effective over gun control...feels like a broken record trying to explain to many that there is gun laws in place that's not being enforced......no need to get into it if it's going to be ignored...I can only hope two locked doors, extra resource officers and allowing teachers with CWP permits to carry if they choose can be an answer...  ...the.knee jerk "ban guns!!"...is sorta ignorant.....

go tell that to the face of one of the parents that lost a child.you are ignorant to say there is no solution. you are just not happy with them. same ol same ol

When emphasizing the concept of "securing our schools" to protect our kids,  it may be important to understand the threat typically comes from within the school itself.

Fifty,

Just a question and I agree there should be some smart legislation. But, do you also feel there should be some legislation and or rules to limit the way gun violence is glamorized in movies and/or tv shows? 

15 hours ago, creed said:

Fifty,

Just a question and I agree there should be some smart legislation. But, do you also feel there should be some legislation and or rules to limit the way gun violence is glamorized in movies and/or tv shows? 

to be honest i am not sure. i have been playing games and watching violent movies all my life and i have yet to hurt or rape anyone. i do think maybe some kids play these games in a way too early age. But if it would stop or help stop our children from getting shot up i would embrace changes in who can see certain movies or buy violent games at the least or maybe just plain stop a lot of the overboard movies and games. at the end of the day children's lives are more important than my taste in entertainment. i also wish they would maybe do some serious mental evaluations at school for everyone to see what kind of problem children we may have to possible stop them from growing up and committing crimes.

This may have already been talked about but I like what Matthew McConaughey is trying to do to get both sides to come to some type of compromise. 

• Like 1