Funny statement from Lou Holtz...

TigerfanKM

This morning on ESPN they aired a interview with Lou Holtz concerning the alleged ten NCAA rules violations that happened at USC while he was coach. His reply, "No one was given any money, not like at Alabama where they gave someone $125,000".

LOL......... love that great publicity for the T-town Homers!!

War Eagle!!!!

:D Delivered in a briefcase by a coach, no less. :D

Delivered in a briefcase by a coach, no less.

:huh: And they wonder how :ut: could get so much dirt on them.

Guest Tigrinum Major

Lou has always considered himself a bit of a quipster. He made a similiar comment last year before they beat Alabama about paying players.

I just hope that some jackleg producer at ESPN doesn't get the idea to stick him beside Corso during Gameday. Lou needs to quietly fade into retirement and not hang on. He was a heck of a coach (although many schools received probation after he left) and he doesn't need to validate himself beside some hasbeen/neverwas like Corso and Herb Kirkstreit or whatever that steaming pile of supposed football knowledge's name is.

I was just in the car and heard about 10 minutes of Finebaum. In that time, PF played the cut from Holtz twice, called Holtz a slimey....fielded a call from and wholeheartedly agreed with a Bammer who said that it was proven in a court of law that Bama had NOTHING to do with the illegal recruitment of Albert Means...then proceeded to declare how unfair it is that Alabama has been branded by the rest of the country as.....CHEATERS! :blink:

The Paul Findscum Bama spin machine rocks on. Play to your audience, Paul. Play to your audience.

Guest Tigrinum Major
I was just in the car and heard about 10 minutes of Finebaum.  In that time, PF played the cut from Holtz twice, called Holtz a slimey....fielded a call from and wholeheartedly agreed with a Bammer who said that it was proven in a court of law that Bama had NOTHING to do with the illegal recruitment of Albert Means...then proceeded to declare how unfair it is that Alabama has been branded by the rest of the country as.....CHEATERS! :blink:

The Paul Findscum Bama spin machine rocks on.  Play to your audience, Paul.  Play to your audience.

172259[/snapback]

Correct me if I am wrong, esteemed counselor, but

1) Just because the money didn't have Cottrell/Williams' fingerprints on it did not prove, in a court of law, or anywhere else, that Bama had nothing to do with the Means' recruitment. It was just not proven that they did, correct? Kind of like how "not guilty" does not equal "innocence"?

2) Did Alabama not admit to infractions? ADMIT? Sounds like they were admitting to cheating.

I am on a two week hiatus from Finebaum (location, I wasn't banned from his show or anything) and I might have to make it a permanent one.

First time poster here-

Under normal circumstances, I would love to take another jab at Bama. However, Lou needs to worry about the teams he left on probation before he jabs at another program. Cheating is cheating...it is not like one can be "half-pregnant."

War Eagle-

I found his comments funny but the NCAA followed Holtz to every program he coached. Read the "Tarnished Dome". Granny doesn't have room to talk.

Holtz probably has the least character for anyone held in such high regard by many people. This is just one of many examples. Not man enough to just acknowledge his wrongdoings, has to point out others cheated worse than his wormy little butt did. Congrats lou, you nor anyone else, in cfb cheated as bad as bammer.

Holtz probably has the least character for anyone held in such high regard by many people. This is just one of many examples. Not man enough to just acknowledge his wrongdoings, has to point out others cheated worse than his wormy little butt did. Congrats lou, you nor anyone else, in cfb cheated as bad as bammer.

172316[/snapback]

Is it possible to "out cheat" uat?

Archived