ESPN PURCHASE UPDATE

aubiefifty

my best friend just bought espn for six bucks on cable. you guys need to check as it might help you. i hope so! war eagle!

Edited by aubiefifty
  • Like 1

• aubiefifty changed the title to ESPN PURCHASE UPDATE

31 minutes ago, shabby said:

Thats likely espn plus. If so it doesnt give you the espn channels

no. he has cable and was disappointed he could not watch the game so his wife looked into it and bought it for six bucks. and that is probably a monthly fee. it in fact happened and they do nothing on puter or phones. believe it or not i am just trying to help.

Where/how did he buy it?  I just did a search on 'buy espn access' and on espn's web site they are encouraging people to use an existing streaming service (e.g., YouTube TV, Hulu +, etc.) to get access.  Nothing about buying access directly to espn.  Please get/post details...thanks!

1 minute ago, Golden Eagle said:

Where/how did he buy it?  I just did a search on 'buy espn access' and on espn's web site they are encouraging people to use an existing streaming service (e.g., YouTube TV, Hulu +, etc.) to get access.  Nothing about buying access directly to espn.  Please get/post details...thanks!

he is not answering the phone. they do not own a computer and he will not sit and watch a game on the phone at home. i will try again closer to the bama game since he is a bama fan.

You can’t add ESPN to a cable subscription. It would have been to be a streaming service. With cable you get what you get.

Edited by toddc
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, toddc said:

You can’t add ESPN to a cable subscription. It would have been to be a streaming service. With cable you get what you get.

i will find out when i can get him. if i am wrong i will admit it and have no problems doing so.

6 minutes ago, LocalTiger said:

I clicked on ESPN on my spectrum just for s&g and got a message about spectrum making some deal for subscribers to get the ESPN channels on FUB U or O for free. SIAP.

Thanks - I just tuned to the ESPN channel on my Spectrum cable and it says Spectrum has arranged for their customers have a free trial of Fubo in order to access the ESPN channels.  They give a QR code you can scan - or - you can go to     fubotv.com/offer

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, LocalTiger said:

I clicked on ESPN on my spectrum just for s&g and got a message about spectrum making some deal for subscribers to get the ESPN channels on FUB U or O for free. SIAP.

It’s not free. It’s a “free trial” and it’s $99 per month thereafter. 

The $6 per month is probably SlingTV whereby you can add packages to your service like a movie package or a sports package. You aren’t going to get ESPN for $6 per month as a one off deal. 

Only option I have found is to sign up for new service with a streaming provider which is gonna cost $65-$100 per month or find the game streamed online somewhere. 

• Like 1

i probably will not get him on the phone until the bama game tonight. he is my age and takes a lot of naps and will turn the phone off. look i could be wrong but a couple of months ago i asked if he played any computer games and he said they do not own a computer. so someone either gave him one  since then or they broke down and paid for it on phone. i will find out but it might take a while.

2 minutes ago, Shift said:

It’s not free. It’s a “free trial” and it’s $99 per month thereafter. 

The $6 per month is probably SlingTV whereby you can add packages to your service like a movie package or a sports package. You aren’t going to get ESPN for $6 per month as a one off deal. 

Only option I have found is to sign up for new service with a streaming provider which is gonna cost $65-$100 per month or find the game streamed online somewhere. 

free is free if you delete your account before the money is do right? i do it regular to watch something no one else has but you have to do the free part sparingly because after a free trial or two you then have to pay first day for the month.

3 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

free is free if you delete your account before the money is do right? i do it regular to watch something no one else has but you have to do the free part sparingly because after a free trial or two you then have to pay first day for the month.

Yeah, I suppose it is but it’s a hassle to sign up just to cancel (if you remember) a month later. I shouldn’t have to sign up or pay again for service I already paid for. This crap is annoying AF. 

edit: I can usually find the game streamed online anyways…..

Edited by Shift

This has been said elsewhere/by others on AU Family as well, but I have read a lot this week about the dispute between Spectrum and Disney/ESPN.  Pretty much everyone in the know agrees that Spectrum/Charter doesn't have any interest in resolving this dispute and they are probably going to drop their cable offering in the not too distant future.  They are onlyinterested in keeping the ISP (i.e., Internet) business because it is far more profitable than the cable service.  Wouldn't be surprised if they're getting a kickback from fubo for any Spectrum customers who convert to fubo permanently. 

I have read the 'privacy' (haha) policies of all the streaming services (and, yes, I understand that Spectrum isn't any better) and it's infuriating how much data they capture from their users which they then use to profile you for ads, share with their marketing partners, and sell to data brokers.  Oh for the days of dumb tvs and broadcast channels...or at least the ability to control what data is captured, used, shared and sold about us.

• Like 1

ok he returned my call. it is on dish. they upped their programming to get espn for six bucks more. i knw he had said cable but i freely admit my memory is bad. but this is how he got it. i thought all the cable companies stopped espn but i use youtube tv so i would not know. so it seems several of us are right to an extent. at the end of the day just remember i was trying to help...............

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Golden Eagle said:

This has been said elsewhere/by others on AU Family as well, but I have read a lot this week about the dispute between Spectrum and Disney/ESPN.  Pretty much everyone in the know agrees that Spectrum/Charter doesn't have any interest in resolving this dispute and they are probably going to drop their cable offering in the not too distant future.  They are onlyinterested in keeping the ISP (i.e., Internet) business because it is far more profitable than the cable service.  Wouldn't be surprised if they're getting a kickback from fubo for any Spectrum customers who convert to fubo permanently. 

I have read the 'privacy' (haha) policies of all the streaming services (and, yes, I understand that Spectrum isn't any better) and it's infuriating how much data they capture from their users which they then use to profile you for ads, share with their marketing partners, and sell to data brokers.  Oh for the days of dumb tvs and broadcast channels...or at least the ability to control what data is captured, used, shared and sold about us.

i had direct tv and i had to pay six dollars a month insurance to not be charged for a service call on their equipment. i think that should be against the law and when they had me jumping through hoops i told them how i felt.

here are other options.............

Still, the ESPN “GameDay” analyst was talking about Saturday night’s Auburn-Cal game, which will be live streamed on fuboTV (free trial), SlingTV (half off first month) and DirecTV Stream (free trial).

1 hour ago, Golden Eagle said:

You can still get channels on an aerial and no data captured, but limited channels.

• Like 1