UAT v FSU?

MDM4AU

Yeah, I heard about that this morning on SportsLine with John Longshore and Barry Mcknight. I'd actually like to see that happen. Also on Sportsline this morning they talked to UAT coach Mike Shula about possibly facing FSU in 2007 and he replied "Well if we were to play them, I'd want to play them in the National Champinoship game". Well I guess from those words, it might not ever happen. :lol::au:

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/mobilere...8330.xml&coll=3

TUSCALOOSA -- Alabama athletics director Mal Moore said Thursday that he and his Florida State counterpart, Dave Hart, want to make an Alabama-Florida State game happen in 2007, but there are still kinks to work out.

"We're looking at finding a way to make it happen," Moore said of the proposed game at Alltel Stadium in Jacksonville, Fla.

"This is something we now have to run through the SEC office because of our TV contracts and packages. It's a good ways yet from being approved."

Because the SEC has its key television contract with CBS and the Atlantic Coast Conference, of which Florida State is a member, has its major deal with ABC, negotiations at working out a mutual agreement between the networks might be tricky, and take some time.

"I don't want to get too far out with this, because this is something that absolutely may not happen," Moore said. "It may not work out."

Moore said he proposed playing a neutral site game at the Louisiana Superdome, but Florida State needed more home games on its schedule, so Hart wanted to work with Jacksonville, which is just over two hours from FSU's campus in Tallahas see.

Moore said a home-and-home agreement couldn't be hammered out because the return game would be too far in the future. Details of any revenue split would have to be hashed out after the television agreement is reached

Tide coach Mike Shula said he'd give a thumb's up to taking on the Seminoles.

"Yeah, we'd be excited to play anybody," Shula said.

This will be a good TV game for both team if it happens. The rejection of Bowden for coach in T-Town in the eighties and the Bowden vs. Bear career records are the PR stuff TV programers dream of. [Assuming Bobby hasn't retired by 2007.]

I was intrigued by the suggestion of having the game in the Superdome, though. Gotta admit, ol' Mal is pretty clever: Can't play in a bowl? ...sneak in an extra game in Hawaii. No chance of being good enough for the Sugar Bowl any time soon? ...try to schedule a regular season game in the Superdome. <_<:D

Archived