Inside Auburn’s Newest Hotel That Takes School Spirit To The Next Level

Southern Living

Get A Sneak Peek Inside Auburn’s Newest Hotel That Takes School Spirit To The Next Level

Tara Massouleh McCay
Tue, March 19, 2024 at 8:03 AM CDT·2 min read

The Auburn Graduate, A.L. is set to open this September.

<p>Steve Freihon</p>

Steve Freihon

Auburn, Alabama is best known for its close-knit community, small-town charm, and as the home to Auburn University and its beloved Auburn Tigers football and basketball teams. Recently the city has made headlines thanks to an exciting and growing dining scene and a milestone anniversary for its award-winning student architecture program. This week the town is once again stealing the spotlight to announce the opening of a new hotel called the Auburn Graduate, A.L. The boutique property will open in September at the corner of Wright Street and W Magnolia Avenue, just steps away from local landmark Toomer’s Corner and the Auburn University campus. Bookings for September (just in time for football season!) go live today.

<p>Courtesy of Graduate Auburn, A.L.</p>

Courtesy of Graduate Auburn, A.L.

The hotel is the latest addition to the Graduate Hotel line that includes one-of-a-kind properties in 37 college towns across the U.S. and U.K. (We’re already big fans of the properties in places like Athens, Oxford, and Knoxville!) Auburn Graduate, A.L. picks up where they left off with fun amenities, eye-catching design, and excellent hospitality all done up in the university’s signature colors of orange and blue.

“Auburn boasts a rich heritage and tradition, and we’ve woven subtle and not-so-subtle nods to that history throughout every nook and cranny of the hotel,” Graduate Hotel founder and CEO Ben Weprin told Southern Living. “To truly immerse yourself in the Auburn experience, you must see it yourself.”

The new hotel features 177 guest rooms across five floors. Other onsite amenities include an indoor/outdoor rooftop bar and restaurant, a fitness center, 10,000 square feet of meeting and event space, parking, and Bo Jackson’s Beans, a ground-floor coffee shop and bar built in partnership with legendary Auburn University alum, former NFL and MLB star, and Heisman Trophy winner Bo Jackson.

<p>Courtesy of Auburn Graduate, A.L.</p>

Courtesy of Auburn Graduate, A.L.

“Bo has been extremely hands-on with everything, and in one of our creative sessions, he introduced the 4.13 drink,” said Weprin. “I asked him what the number signified, and he said in a completely non-braggadocios way, ‘That was my 40 time; you can Google it.’”

The BO 4.13 drink is 4.13 espresso shots, the perfect elixir for students pulling all-night cram sessions or visitors looking to stay awake for evening kickoff times.

The new Auburn Graduate, A.L. is just the first of several other Southern graduate locations slated for the coming years, including one in Dallas directly across from the SMU campus and another in Austin near the UT Austin campus.

For more Southern Living news, make sure to sign up for our newsletter!

Read the original article on Southern Living.

mods add this with RR's thread if you want to i did not see it...............or tell me and i will add it to his and delete this one.