Is there a game this week????

aumoore

Did I miss something about Mississippi State not being able to find gas for the Dog Wagon so Auburn decided to Forfit? Is the game still being played or has Auburn quit along with the non cheering fans?

Well if we are still playing I say Beat the Crap out of :msu:

Well, I'm still in shock. Hopefully the team is doing better looking ahead than I. MSU played an inferior team last week but appeared to be balanced and well coached. We've got to play better to beat them. I expect we will.

I think if you guys protect the QB better, you will win. I don't think it will be a blow out though.

How is :au: 's special teams play (kicking/punting)? I was pleasently surprised with our freshman punter. He shanked his first punt but still averaged 42 yards per punt.

GO :msu: !

I agree...where is the talk about MSU...I'm almost a little worried that everyone is hungup on the GT loss....listening to the AU Preview..it sounds a little too much like 2003...we're stll in the hunt, SEC West and then SECCG....when we should be taking them 1 game at a time...don't worry about next week or next month...

MSU, our special teams are in good shape for the most part. We didn't get to try a field goal last week but John Vaughn is experienced and we should be solid there. Kody Bliss is an ALL-SEC caliber punter with plenty of experience as well. We began using Zack Kutch, a true freshman, exclusively for kickoffs. He has a cannon leg by all reports but really had an off game Saturday. First KO out of bounds and others didn't go very deep. Probably a lot of nervousness in his first start. Coverage on both KOs and punts has been great too. Overall, our special teams have become a strong point after a few years of very sub par play.

MSU, our special teams are in good shape for the most part.  We didn't get to try a field goal last week but John Vaughn is experienced and we should be solid there.  Kody Bliss is an ALL-SEC caliber punter with plenty of experience as well.  We began using Zack Kutch, a true freshman, exclusively for kickoffs.  He has a cannon leg by all reports but really had an off game Saturday.  First KO out of bounds and others didn't go very deep.  Probably a lot of nervousness in his first start.  Coverage on both KOs and punts has been great too.  Overall, our special teams have become a strong point after a few years of very sub par play.

179191[/snapback]

Thanks for the reply. And thanks for not making a "you guys are the pit of the SEC" statement. So far, you are about the only poster who has not jumped onto that bandwagon. Thanks again.

MSU, I've never been to Starkville, but I can say that most of the Miss State grads I've met have been nice folks. And Croom seems like a class act.

I hope we kick your tails this weekend, but after that I'll be pulling for y'all.

Go Tigers! :au:

Guest Tigrinum Major
MSU, our special teams are in good shape for the most part.  We didn't get to try a field goal last week but John Vaughn is experienced and we should be solid there.  Kody Bliss is an ALL-SEC caliber punter with plenty of experience as well.  We began using Zack Kutch, a true freshman, exclusively for kickoffs.  He has a cannon leg by all reports but really had an off game Saturday.  First KO out of bounds and others didn't go very deep.  Probably a lot of nervousness in his first start.  Coverage on both KOs and punts has been great too.  Overall, our special teams have become a strong point after a few years of very sub par play.

179191[/snapback]

Thanks for the reply. And thanks for not making a "you guys are the pit of the SEC" statement. So far, you are about the only poster who has not jumped onto that bandwagon. Thanks again.

179194[/snapback]

Our return game was also strong. I predict a kickoff return for a TD within the next two games. Tre will do fine with returning punts and I hope to see Robert Dunn back there soon.

As far as the pit of the SEC comments, I wouldn't go that far. You guys suffer from having three major schools within the state borders for so many years. Alabam is beginning to see this as UAB and Trot rise in stature. I did jump on a bandwagon that called you guys the have nots of the SEC, which is probably more accurate. Your facilities and budgets do not compare with the other SEC schools and it is reflected in your historic won-loss record. Ole Miss is the same. That is why we have Tuberville and the Rebs are on their second head coach since he left. I will say that Croom should be able to turn the program around if the big money MSU supporters will give him the funding to do so. And I will also say that MSU is my second favorite SEC West team.

As far as the pit of SEC football, that would have to be Vandy or Kentucky.

I think if you guys protect the QB better, you will win. I don't think it will be a blow out though.

How is  :au: 's special teams play (kicking/punting)? I was pleasently surprised with our freshman punter. He shanked his first punt but still averaged 42 yards per punt.

GO  :msu: !

179177[/snapback]

I'm skeered! A good punter...lil else makes me skeered of dem Bulldawgs! :moon:

To break the silence on the up coming game this weekend, coachs and players both have said practices have went well and the players have moved past the opening night struggles and are looking forward to playing this weekend. So the players and coach's are focused lets do the same.

WDE :au:

Archived