Thoughts on our running game...

StatTiger

Back on point, the BCS thing has been beaten to death.

I am amazed that we can't seem to find a solid running game. With an OL as big and as talented as ours is supposed to be, why can't we just line up and shove the ball down the throat of a team like MSU? It does appear that something isn't right in the OL; last year with Carnell and Ronnie, their abilities masked the weakness. I don't believe lack of talent is the problem. Any ideas what it may be?

We got behind in the gt game and basically gave up on the running game. Against msu, well, it is tough to run the ball against ANYONE with 9 in the box. We tried to do it anyway and had minimum success. Let's not judge our rbs over what took place Saturday. If this trend continues, well..............

I'm not real worried about the play calling in the :msu: game. Looked like the coaches were using this as a tune-up game. CAB had already shown BC and our receivers could light it up in the Tech game. I think they were bound and determined to run it this game.

The BCS/AP poll/any other poll talk has got to stop!!!!!! This is ridicuous and has absolutely nothing to do with how we have played the first two games of the season. Yes, it probably does have something to do with where we were ranked at the beginning of the season, but as we have all seen, that changed real quick, and not because of anyone saying the voters were biased.

As stated in the opening of this topic, I think we do need to settle on our two running backs and give them the majority of the carries. I have seen flashes of different strengths and abilities from each one of them, but think that Carl and Kenny will be our best bet. I also think that if we can't establish the run in the opening quarter, then we won't be worried about whether or not we're lighting up the scoreboard at the end of the game because we won't even be close to being in the game. Borges needs to look at his play calling from last year and make this year's similar to it. I think Kenny and Carl are the closest we've got to last years stellar pair, and with enough practice will be able to execute the same plays Cadillac and Ronnie ran last year. Definitely not to the extent that CW and RB did, but it'll be better than what has been showcased the past two weekends!!

Now let's get out there and show the SEC why we won the best conference in the NCAA last year, and do it again!!!!

WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!!

...There's no rational way we can make it to the Rose Bowl this year, so why even worry about the polls?

The long term health of a program is measured by the polls; national attention, recruiting, TV, are all benefits of being near the top. The higher you finish in the polls this year, the higher you start next year. You cannot choose which year to push your team to the top, you have to be there every year if you want the pollsters to pay attention to you when you are finally good enough to be considered for the BCS Championship game. The polls are a really just a popularity contest, and the more points you score, the more popular you are, that's just reality in college football...

180400[/snapback]

Yeah, like the 17 Notre DA*N scored last week...oops...wait...that doesn't work does it? Maybe you just have to be a frickin' media darling, eh???!!! ;)

:au::homer:

Archived