Committment update on

Shug2003

Georgia has 20 commits which only leaves them a maximum of 5 more IF they sign the full allotment. This has to leave a LOT of talent in Georgia for others.

LSU has 13 commits which is about normal for this time of the year with the advent of the internet. This should leave them about 12 more IF they sign the full allotment. Plenty of talent in Louisiana and some of it may be moving.

UT has 6 while Florida has 9. Both Georgia and Florida are recruiting very well IF the stars mean anything.

There are plenty of players left in-state with us going head to head with Bama for a few. They have 10 commits for now and I think we will get our share and maybe more than normal.

I didn't list Ole Piss, USC, Vandy, MSU, Arkansas or Kentucky since we rarely compete for prospects.

It's a long way until signing day but things are indeed looking good. :cheer:

Who are the prospects that the coaches are most interested in? How many players are we looking at bringing in this year? Are we looking at another running back(assuming Mario Fannin plays safety) to go along with Benjamin Tate. How many receivers are we possibly looking at signing.

When it comes to recievers we have Slaughter (4 star) (if he qualifies) and Alex Rose (3 star) right now. We're looking to add one or two more. We are believed to be in the lead with Terrell Zachary (4 star) and some say he's close to commiting.

Other than that we have our targets set on Tim Hawthorne (4 star), Jared White (4 star), and Jamar Hornsby (5 star) and looking to get only one if any. Jamar Hornsby is probally heading to :uf: but we're gonna continue pushing. Jared White is probally headed to :lsu: and Tim Hawthorne has yet to name a leader but he loved the Auburn atmosphere and our offensive scheme at the GT game.

As for running backs?

We have Benjamin Tate (4 star) and coach Gran is headed to Maryland this weekend to watch him play, but he is still looking around and taking all of his officials. He seems to still be looking at Penn St, Maryland, Virginia. Most likely he will be coming here though.

We would be looking to add another one (we didn't sign any last year) but the coaches will be satisfied with just Tate. This is probally because we are the early favorite for Caleb King a junior on the Rivals 100 to watch list.

Mario Fannin is taking other official visits but his mother loves AU and is talking trash about the other visits. (Her comment on :uf: was that it was too loud.)

So there ya go

Hey KunzelTiger, thanks for the response. I had a couple of other questions that maybe you could help me with. On the defensive side of the ball, Other than Greg Smith and Bart Eddins what DLine prospects are we looking at ( Mr. Whitehead in particular). As Far as linebackers go. Who are the options that are most likely considering us. My wish list includes: Marcus Ball, Chasman Davis, or Marcus Sims(any combination of 2/3) to go along with Hendrick Leverette. Now for defensive back. I realize that there is alot of young talent and depth already on the team, and with the verbal give by Zaccheus Etheridge, how has that affected the reruitment of Jacques Rickerson who I know had us listed as high interest at one point. I have watched his highlights tapes and i think he would be an excellent pick up.

well thats it. any info you can give would be great.

thanks.

Hey KunzelTiger, thanks for the response. I had a couple of other questions that maybe you could help me with. On the defensive side of the ball, Other than Greg Smith and Bart Eddins what DLine prospects are we looking at ( Mr. Whitehead in particular). As Far as linebackers go. Who are the options that are most likely considering us.  My wish list includes: Marcus Ball, Chasman Davis, or Marcus Sims(any combination of 2/3) to go along with Hendrick Leverette. Now for defensive back. I realize that there is alot of young talent and depth already on the team, and with the verbal give by Zaccheus Etheridge, how has that affected the reruitment of Jacques Rickerson who I know had us listed as high interest at one point. I have watched his highlights tapes and i think he would be an excellent pick up.

well thats it. any info you can give would be great.

thanks.

183349[/snapback]

Marcus Ball and Sims are long shots. It's between :au: and :uf: for Chasman Davis. Davis I think we be a really good LB. We also are about to land LB LaBronski Hutchins.

As for D-line we're fixing to sign 5-7 this year. Besides those already commited (Eddins and Greg Smith) we're in great standing with kareem Crowell, Raven Gray, Jemarcus Ricks, and Deantwan Whitehead (all 4stars). I don't know as much about the Dlinemen, I've been paying more attention to the recievers lately.

As for Linebacker, we're not looking to add many at all on top of Hendrick Leverette and LaBronski Hutchins. Marcus Ball said he had a terrible time at the GT game and really didn't like it at all. And the Chasman Davis battle is between us and :uf:

Dback we're probally only getting Zaccheus Etheridge because of our strong 2005 class of dbacks.

Guest Tigrinum Major
Dback we're probally only getting Zaccheus Etheridge because of our strong 2005 class of dbacks.

183406[/snapback]

Don't be surprised if Terrell Zachary gets moved to DB at some point. He is athletic enough for it and has good size.

Update as of September 28th, our major competition:

Georgia has 21 commits and has 4 left. (This should open some moredoors for us in GA)

LSU has 13 commits with 12 left. (there's a lot of div 1 talent in Louisiana left)

Florida has 10 commits with 15 left. (This is about normal for UF although there is a lot of talent to split between FSU, UF, CF, Miami, Tampa, et al.) We'll get a few.

Alabama has 10 with 15 left. (we should break even or better against them)

Our lesser competition:

Tennessee has 6 commits with 19 left. (We never go head to head with UT over many recruits but with the class they had last year, they will be hard pressed to surpass that again.)

Ole Miss has 15 commits and has 10 left. (Here again this could help us in Miss.)

USC has 4 with 21 left

UK has 8 with 17 left

Vandy has 7 with 18 left

MSU has 11 with 14 left

Arkansas has 7 with 18 left

Players I think we have a great shot at now:

Tim Hawthorne (although he is non-commital now) *****

Mike Berry OL Brentwood, Tennessee ***

Jemarcus Ricks, OL Colbert County, Alabama ****

Raven Gray DE, Enterprize ***

Terrell Zachary WR, Wadley, Alabama ****

David Ross, OL, Homewood, Alabama ****

Troy Smith, OL, Haines City, Florida *

Chasman Davis LB, Ft. Pierce, Fla. ****

Jacques Rickerson CB, St. Augustine Fla. ****

There are others but I wouldn't be surprised to see 5-6 of these wind up tigers. Stay tuned.

183406[/snapback]

Don't be surprised if Terrell Zachary gets moved to DB at some point. He is athletic enough for it and has good size.

183423[/snapback]

Isn't that a waste of a big time WR recruit though? I doubt he would go for that, but I still think Zachary goes to Aubie and Hawthorne heads to Bammer.

Guest Tigrinum Major

183406[/snapback]

183423[/snapback]

Isn't that a waste of a big time WR recruit though? I doubt he would go for that, but I still think Zachary goes to Aubie and Hawthorne heads to Bammer.

185063[/snapback]

Zacahry plays at a very small school and he has been a stud there since his sophomore year. He has good size, but I would like to see him be a little taller. He might be better suited as a DB, in my opinion.

Of course, as soon as Tommy returns my calls, I'll be able to convince him of this...

Archived