Went to Gainesville this weekend

PChamp119

I meant to post this earlier in the week, but school sometimes dominates.

So I went to the UF-UT game this past weekend and WOW... apparently UF fans HATE UT fans like crazy. I mean I know AU and UA fans have probably a more personal rivalry, means more throughout the year to everyone.... but this rivalry is pure hatred. I got to sit in the student section, on the very edge near the UT section. The UF fans, not a few of them, but the entire section would scream numerous obscenities, such as "F your sister" and "F Tennessee." Obviously the extended version of those. And this wasn't just like once, but the entire game. Also, the fans would throw any objects they could get their hands on at the UT fans. This included twizzlers, gatorade bottles, ice, cups, water, etc. Fans were kind of mean to say the least. They also like their Rockytop version of "good ol rocky top, second in the SEC." Also... Urban Meyer is bigger than Jesus. I said it and it's true down there. We'll c if that holds up tho.

Their campus was really spread out. I didn't like it as much as Auburn's campus, but I liked their downtown area better. The people I hung with were really opening to be friends and helpful.

Last thing I'll mention... student section there is assigned seating. I was the first one in the student section there and it was with 75 minutes before kickoff. 30 minutes before KO and there were maybe a thousand fans. 5 minutes before, still a decent amount of opening seats. At kickoff it was packed.

Overall, maybe it's cause I'm an Auburn fan, but I couldn't get into the game as much as the fans as I do at Auburn. Maybe cuz the game itself was kinda boring, but anyways.... War Eagle!

No question about it. It doesn't matter what SEC school you're from, those folks are hateful when you come to town. No comradarie, no respect. It has nothing to do with having great spirit, or reacting to big rivalries. Those people spent 100 years having an average tradition and team until Spurlior arrived in 90-whatever and they are forever a bunch of puffed-up fart-knockers.

They can't help it.

Guest Tigrinum Major
The UF fans, not a few of them, but the entire section would scream numerous obscenities, such as "F your sister" and "F Tennessee." Obviously the extended version of those. And this wasn't just like once, but the entire game. Also, the fans would throw any objects they could get their hands on at the UT fans. This included twizzlers, gatorade bottles, ice, cups, water, etc. Fans were kind of mean to say the least.

183213[/snapback]

Those crazy Florida kids. I haven't been to a Florida game in years (because it always falls on an Army Reserve weekend for me) and I had fogotten just how classy those guys can be.

Anyone remember when Gregg Pratt died in preseason camp and their fans (not just one or two, but hundreds) showed up with the number 36 and a red slash through it and others wore shirts that said "We Don't Kill Our Players".

Now I remember why I hate the Gators. It had nothing to do with Spurrier...

Archived