Foot In Mouth?

quietfan

Hate to see this..don't like to give Bama any extra bulletin board material. Not being from this state, maybe this Florida guy isn't aware of just how much Bama hates the Vols. There's probably not another team, including us, that he could compare Bama to that would p#$$ them off more.

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/birmingh...7800.xml&coll=2

The question was put to Florida senior defensive end Jerome Mincey, who was part of a 16-7 victory over the Volunteers on Sept. 17 in Gainesville and has studied the Crimson Tide on tape this week.

"I would say Tennessee has more talent than Alabama," Mincey said Monday. For clarification, he was asked if he considered Tennessee to be better on both sides of the ball.

"On both sides of the ball," Mincey said.

Even though Alabama's defense is ranked seventh nationally?

"I would still say Tennessee."

At least in the same article, whether he actually believes it or not, their center was a little more PR wise:

For the record, Florida center Mike Degory doesn't share his teammate's opinion of the Crimson Tide. He, too, has studied tape of Alabama for two days.

"We thought Tennessee was going to be one of the best defenses we played, but then you see (Alabama) on film and, whoa, maybe not," Degory said. "This defense is going to be just as good, if not better, than Tennessee's."

Guest Tigrinum Major

I thought Jerome Mincey played basketball for UAB back in the eighties.

On a more serious note, there is a difference between talent and execution.

Tennessee has talent and so does Bama. Which one executes the D plan better will be found out Saturday.

LSU has tons of talent on both sides of the ball. But which team executed last night? Same could be true on Saturday.

Archived