Justin Vincent?

DoubleJ230

Is he currently running 3rd string at RB for LSU...I may have missed something during the offseason, but two years ago this guy was the LSU golden child after the SEC Champ. and Sugar Bowl wins. Not a flame here at all, just wondering why he is apparently running 3rd behind Addai and the 5'6" guy.

Also, if Broussard(sp?) hadn't been injured, Vincent is running 4th string? I can't remember a quicker descent of a player...

Is he currently running 3rd string at RB for LSU...I may have missed something during the offseason, but two years ago this guy was the LSU golden child after the SEC Champ. and Sugar Bowl wins.  Not a flame here at all, just wondering why he is apparently running 3rd behind Addai and the 5'6" guy.

Also, if Broussard(sp?) hadn't been injured, Vincent is running 4th string?  I can't remember a quicker descent of a player...

184190[/snapback]

you are correct....Vincent is running 3rd (would be 4th). He seems to have been a one year wonder at RB. He is an EXCELLENT special teams player though. I don't even know why the play him, he hasn't showed anything since his freshman season. If I had to guess he is averaging maybe 2yds a carry since then.

Is he currently running 3rd string at RB for LSU...I may have missed something during the offseason, but two years ago this guy was the LSU golden child after the SEC Champ. and Sugar Bowl wins.  Not a flame here at all, just wondering why he is apparently running 3rd behind Addai and the 5'6" guy.

Also, if Broussard(sp?) hadn't been injured, Vincent is running 4th string?  I can't remember a quicker descent of a player...

184190[/snapback]

you are correct....Vincent is running 3rd (would be 4th). He seems to have been a one year wonder at RB. He is an EXCELLENT special teams player though. I don't even know why the play him, he hasn't showed anything since his freshman season. If I had to guess he is averaging maybe 2yds a carry since then.

184201[/snapback]

Thanks for the reply...just something that caught my attention last night while watching the game.

Justin Vincent was lucky to win those awards. He owes it to Matt Mauck. Since Mauck left LSU, the QB position has been sketchy at best. Vincent is not a go to guy like Ronnie or Carnell...those guys make their own plays. Vincent is also not a very physical back like Addia or Broussard...that's why he's 3rd string.

Get him in the open field and he's damn near impossible to stop, more so than any player on our team not named Skyler. But unfortunately the OL doesn't open up holes that you could drive an SUV through like they did in '03.

Man I forgot about this guy lol.  Remember some LSU fans discussing his name with Heisman and how Carnell could not hold a candle to this kid.  Need to go remind those fellows

184467[/snapback]

No need. They're seeing Carnell's highlights on ESPN NFL Primetime. :thumbsup:

Archived