Just Like That

SCWarEagle

Everyone somehow assumed VA Tech would run the table and get left out in the cold, very much like some other team last year who shall remain nameless. But Hell, no. Little Vick and the Beamer Boyz got their behinds HANDED to them by Miami, so who cares about them anymore? Certainly not me. Fool me once, right?

And UCLA? Puh-lease. Thanks for playing. Try again next year. ARIZONA!? Seriously.

So behind Matt and Vince, who does that leave with a shot at being the only ugly stepsister left? Broadway Brodie????

Well ... maybe. You've got to admit it's some-freakin-how a real possibility at this point. But in my opinion a couple of sets of Tigers will probably feast on him between now and December 3, and that will leave us with ... what?

Exactly what ESPN wanted all along. Hollywood vs. Horns. And the worst thing about it is that it will be 100 percent, indisputably legitimate. :blink:

When this season is over, the BCS will be more entrenched in the politics of college football, not less, and I think that sucks.

That's just my opinion. I could be wrong.

I don't think you are. That is what hurt worst about VT's going in party. They will claim "the BCS worked," when the truth is that the only reason it is because the offenses of VT and Bammer either didn't or won't. That there will only be two undefeateds left after the season doesn't mean that the system is no longer flawed; it only means the the BCS machine didn't break down this year. Would you buy a life support system that broke down yesterday, the day before that, is fine today, but may break down tomorrow? I wouldn't. I would personally rather be castrated by a blind midget than endure the BCS any longer. *

* this comment wasn't meant as prejudice against blind midgets, only blind midgets wielding knives and swinging for my "member."

it could still be a mess if either UT or USC lose one game...there will be a group of one-loss teams out there w/ legitimate claims on the #2 spot.

personally, i'm glad VT got beat. i think they take cheap shots and beamer whines.

$0.02

ct

I cant stand that the BCS is probally going to work out right this year as long as Bama gets knocked off. I hate the BCS college football is the only sport that dosent know how to create a CHAMPION!

If Miami wins out, they play FSU in the ACC Championship game; and if they whip them there, as it looks like they should, does that 'nullify' their season opening loss, and leave 3 theoretical 'undefeated' teams??????????

I guess I was the only one who was pissed about VT losing last night.

IMO, I am rooting hard for Alabama/VTech to win out....why?

Because the BCS still sucks and is still a joke.

If UA/Tech had won out and played in the Sugar Bowl undefeated, it would have been the end of the BCS, imo.

I really believe that would have been the final straw.

Hell, Herbstreit said the other night before the Tech lose that many BCS'ers were even contemplating a more playoff type thing if multiple teams went undefeated.

Alabama going undefeated and not making the NC is as harmful to the SEC's image as Auburn last year....the SEC Champion not making the NC game is a fraud and a crime.

There may only be two undefeated teams at the end of this year.....but the BCS will screw up AS USUAL multiple times in the upcoming years if we allow it

150 years of BCS screwups won't stop it SL.

The only way it will be stopped is if a playoff offers $13+ gaurenteed to each BCS conference, as well as a chance at double that and a gaurenteed few more million from the other bowls.

The presidents will say NO until they get more money from a playoff than they do the bowl system, even if there are 4 undefeateds every year for 20 years.

How could we create a playoff where more money goes to the schools than with the BCS? That is the only way we get a playoff, and it doesn't seem likely.

59, I really thought the same way until recently.

I think the attention the BCS has gotten, 99% of it pure negative, has really hit a cord with many people....including some Presidents.

I think Herbstreit's admissions that some BCS men were contemplating a more playoff attitude was a huge step in the fact that even they are coming to the conclusion that it just really isn't working.

Granted, having two undefeated teams this year (if someone loses that is) will only help the BCS's cause....

If VT and Bama had played a bowl undefeated, I really believe they would move around the bowls into a playoff format or hell....maybe the +1 game?

I think the only way to get the BCS out is to have more controversy enter

There is still PLENTY of opportunity for a BCS mess. No, I don't mean 'Bama winning out, that's not near as likely to happen as USC or Texas losing; and then there would be a handful of one-loss teams arguing for that # 2 spot...

Archived