Bama's last TD

rebdawg

I have to admit that Bama's last second score did not put much fear in me. Wilson heaved the ball with all his might from around the AU 48 and it landed a few yards shy of the goalline. 45 yards? I know he was trying to get it high, but it still looked a little weak. Is that why Bama was the only school to offer him a scholly at QB? I know everyone else offered him for safety. The last two times Bama tried to make a QB out of a safety they ended up with Tyler Watts and Andrew Zow at the helm. Of the two Zow was closer to being a real SEC QB but for all their heart they just were not big players at the position.

You obviously haven't been reading the Bama boards. Haven't you heard? He is the next great QB at Bama and should have been playing in place of Brodie all along! <_<

Personally, I think after watching what happened to Brodie all afternoon, he was just trying to get rid of the ball as quickly as possible and as far away as possible.

If anyone remembers Tyler Watts was suppose to be greatest thing since sliced bread. He could barely throw a 10 yard out route. He's one the best examples of players that are over hyped coming out of high school.

I have to admit that Bama's last second score did not put much fear in me.  Wilson heaved the ball with all his might from around the AU 48 and it landed a few yards shy of the goalline.  45 yards?  I know he was trying to get it high, but it still looked a little weak.  Is that why Bama was the only school to offer him a scholly at QB?  I know everyone else offered him for safety.  The last two times Bama tried to make a QB out of a safety they ended up with Tyler Watts and Andrew Zow at the helm.  Of the two Zow was closer to being a real SEC QB but for all their heart they just were not big players at the position.

200821[/snapback]

Are you kidding me? You are talking about the next Heisman Trophy winner in a long line of them at the Crapstone. Now that Brodie has won his 4, it is time for him to pass the torch along. ;)

I have to admit that Bama's last second score did not put much fear in me.  Wilson heaved the ball with all his might from around the AU 48 and it landed a few yards shy of the goalline.  45 yards?  I know he was trying to get it high, but it still looked a little weak.  Is that why Bama was the only school to offer him a scholly at QB?  I know everyone else offered him for safety.  The last two times Bama tried to make a QB out of a safety they ended up with Tyler Watts and Andrew Zow at the helm.  Of the two Zow was closer to being a real SEC QB but for all their heart they just were not big players at the position.

200821[/snapback]

Are you kidding me? You are talking about the next Heisman Trophy winner in a long line of them at the Crapstone. Now that Brodie has won his 4, it is time for him to pass the torch along. ;)

200842[/snapback]

I must have missed it when Beano Cook was talking about Brodie winning 4. I only heard him talking about the kid from N.D. winning 4 while he was there. :roflol:

I don't know how good John Parker Wilson will be. He may be great, he may be avarage, or he may wind up as a backup his entire time at Alabama. But, we were not the only ones recruiting him. He was a 3 star at QB, ranked around #40 at that position, and was being recruited by GaTech, Clemson, and UTn.

I don't know how good John Parker Wilson will be. He may be great, he may be avarage, or he may wind up as a backup his entire time at Alabama. But, we were not the only ones recruiting him. He was a 3 star at QB, ranked around #40 at that position, and was being recruited by GaTech, Clemson, and UTn.

200850[/snapback]

Please note the tongue in my cheek on my post. Of course I recognize that JPW must have some talent to be recruited by SEC schools.

I just find it amazing how quickly some (not all, perhaps not even most) turned on Brodie after singing his praises so adamently for so long. I also don't see how those same fans can believe he was so outstanding on that last drive when the 95% of the drive consisted of a single "Hail Mary" that he through into a crowd of both blue and white jerseys. I've even seen a few post that they don't care if Tebow goes to Florida because of the game--they don't need him with JPW around.

For JPW's personal sake, I hope he has a good career. As an Auburn fan, I hope Bama still loses, of course.

Archived