The Reason The BCS Will NEVER Work

Guest Tigrinum Major

LSU is 11, Bama is 26

and somehow the SEC is ranked 5th overall in conferences. Behind #3 Pac 10 and #4 Big 12...are you kidding me? The SEC is behind the Big 12 this year?

his stuff is screwed up....I wonder how it determines the SOS?? His rankings had Weak10 and Big11 bias last year also. Interesting to look at the SOS rankings he has.

ThePac10 has 10 teams ranked with SOS of #37 or higher, the other two are #54 and #61. The Pac 10 has 3 teams in the AP top 25. USC #1/21, Oregon #8/31, UCLA #11/54 (team AP rank/SOS)

The Big 10 SOS is no lower than #24, taking #1 (Michigan) thru #7 of his SOS rankings. The Big 10 has 4 teams in the AP top 25. PSU #3/7, OSU #6/2, UM #20/1

The Big 12 has SOS rankings scattered across the board from OU at #11 to TT at #80. The Big 12 has 2 teams in the AP top 25. Texas #2/34, Texas Tech #18/80

The ACC SOS ranges from #8 (UNC) to #56 (FSU), with the rest in between. The The ACC has 5 teams in the AP top 25. VaTech #5/32, Miami #10/33, BC #19/23, Clemson #22/41, GT #24/13

The SEC has its highest ranked team with a SOS of 27 in Tennessee. From there no other is higher than 39 (Arky). From there he has us scattered with MSU at 73 at the back of the pack. The SEC has 5 teams in AP top 25. LSU #3/62, AU #9/66, UGA #13/49, uat #14/64, UF #17/49

Does anybody else see the BIAS, not only the Big10 as TM pointed out, but the PAC10 as well. How does Stanford have a SOS of 9, playing this schedule....@Navy, UC-Davis, Oregon, @WSU, @Arizona, ASU, UCLA, @USC, @OSU, Cal, ND. Only 3 teams are ranked. They played all but Washington. I don't get how he can rank their schedule at #9, but yet we played 4 ranked teams and get a SOS of 66 :blink: Heck, :ut: got a SOS of 27 and played 5 ranked teams. Commom opponent, none other than Notre Dame. I just don't get it, anybody got any further insight into this logic????

Something definitely needs to be done. I'm *almost* glad LSU has one loss. Otherwise, we would get screwed the same way AU was last year. In some ways I think it would be less painful losing one game then going undefeated and not getting a chance to play for the championship.

Mich St has a 5-6 record and is ranked 25th -- How is that possible?

Want to hear a good joke? Check out his conference rankings: {Surpise, Surprise!}

1 BIG TEN

2 ATLANTIC COAST

3 PAC-10

4 BIG 12

5 SOUTHEASTERN

6 BIG EAST

7 I-A INDEPENDENTS

8 MOUNTAIN WEST

9 CONFERENCE USA

10 MID-AMERICAN

11 WESTERN ATHLETIC

Well, at least the SEC is ranked better than the Big East & Independents. :lol:

Let's not forget that one of the computer polls (Sagarin) had Harvard ranked higher than Alabama after week 11 last year. That means that Auburn would have benefitted more from beating Harvard than by beating Alabama.

It is truely the BSCS regardless of what 2 teams play in the final game.

The ACC has a 7-4 team in their championship game and they are stronger than the SEC?

202511[/snapback]

So does the Big 12, Colorado...who got spanked by Iowa St and NEbraska the last two games of the year. Only got in b/c Iowa St preceded to lose their season finale to give up their tie breaker with Colorado who they beat the week before. Texas already beat Colorado earlier 42-17 this year. Texas is obviously better now, Colorado :no: Another blow out if you ask me.

The ACC has a 7-4 team in their championship game and they are stronger than the SEC?

202511[/snapback]

So does the Big 12, Colorado...who got spanked by Iowa St and NEbraska the last two games of the year. Only got in b/c Iowa St preceded to lose their season finale to give up their tie breaker with Colorado who they beat the week before. Texas already beat Colorado earlier 42-17 this year. Texas is obviously better now, Colorado :no: Another blow out if you ask me.

202598[/snapback]

Yeah, and that VT/FSU game isnt looking to pretty for the Noles either. The Noles have a very good chance to lose their last 5 games.

Archived