New punt returner for bowl game

tgr4lfe

In the return to practice there has been a shuffle at the punt returner position. Yes, Tre is out as PR and Robert Dunn is in!!

O/A News article today

Also, catching punts is Brad Lester and Lee Guess. I have heard Dunn is some kind of explosive runner!! We'll see come Jan 2.

Talk in the article of Pat Sims watching the practice and talk of him returning to the team. AU commit, Zach Clayton, of Opelika HS, was on the sidelines watching the practice.

That quote from Wilhite is classic....Apparently his mother, Glenda Miley, made it clear to him that she wasn’t thrilled with his new choice of name.

“It’s Jonathan, now, please,” Wilhite said Thursday. “My mom didn’t want to feed me for Thanksgiving.” :roflol: Betcha won't do that again now will ya!!

WAR EAGLE

I don't have the link, but I read that Tre will still be the return man, "UNLESS he loses his confidence", according to Tubs. And he went on to say that "we will see", in practice if he's lost that confidence.

I, personally, am for whoever can do it the best.... :cheer:

:au::homer:

I trust the coaches, but I wonder why Tristan Davis doesn't get a shot as returner.

Maybe he's had his chance in practice and didn't pan out.

But surely the "fastest guy on the team" would get a look.

I don't have the link, but I read that Tre will still be the return man, "UNLESS he loses his confidence", according to Tubs. And he went on to say that "we will see", in practice if he's lost that confidence.

I, personally, am for whoever can do it the best....  :cheer:

:au:   :homer:

205784[/snapback]

Bingo!

its not his confidence...its his hands. He muffs punts all the time, even back in 2003. He did it 3 times against LSU that year. I don't think he's the best man for the job, I think they are just being loyal to their older players.

its not his confidence...its his hands. He muffs punts all the time, even back in 2003. He did it 3 times against LSU that year. I don't think he's the best man for the job, I think they are just being loyal to their older players.

205833[/snapback]

I don't agree with that. He handled them well until the LSU game in 2003 and until about the 7th or 8th game this year. It seems that when he does muff 1 or 2 from then on he does it about 1 in 3 or 1 in 2. That tells me it is in his head.

205833[/snapback]

I don't agree with that. He handled them well until the LSU game in 2003 and until about the 7th or 8th game this year. It seems that when he does muff 1 or 2 from then on he does it about 1 in 3 or 1 in 2. That tells me it is in his head.

205896[/snapback]

I agree ... muffed chances begin in the head.

Its everything...his head and his hands. He either cant concentrate and drops the punt....or he runs and fumbles the darn thing. It'd be nice of we had a punt returner that was actually able to run a punt forward....

Archived