06 Heisman candidates

bigsixfive

Who does the media have as the 06 Heisman candidates? I figure that Young is the overwhelming favorite like Bush was this year. Brady Quinn and the Smardejrljaeferf kid (the shark) will be going. Maybe Lendale White if he sticks around (the media couldn't give them 3 straight NC's, so they might try for 3 straight Heismans). So thats 4 right there. Who from Ohio State are they going to pick?

You would think the returning #1 rusher in the strongest conference in the land would be on someone's list; I wonder if Auburn will make a push?

(Obviously, there is no reason to push if VY comes back, he could rack up half the yardage as he did this year and still ESPN will be handing it over to him...)

You would think, but I bet it doesn't happen. Universities basically have to campaign for their players now, which is incredibly wrong. A player now has to account for about 50% of the total offense to have a shot.

Also, the media thinks ACC is the strongest by far. CFN has us ranked 5th with some dumb formula they use. The BCS computers all rank us low. The problem with the SEC is the top teams play each other every year. The Big10 and Pac10 have elite teams every year within the conference that do not play one another.

Memphis' DeAngelo Williams should have been in the running this year but was jipped. The kid can run. Granted, he is in the CUSA, but Memphis doesn't exactly have a top tier OLine. Reggie Bush was an amazing player, but was he really "the best player in all of college football", what the Heisman is supposed to be? Situational players like that are often overlooked, but he truly sparked their offense. An arguement can be made for VY, but he struggled with consistency in several games. What about AU's on McNeil? What a critical piece to our team, especially as he eased the growing pains this year! Cox would have had a much harder time growing and learning if he was running more often. Its too bad, but I think the days are gone when a Charles Woodsen or Orlando Pace can bring home the trophy.

The heisman system has gotten almost as bad as the BCS. Its become such a popularity contest that the award should be persented to the school's SID rather than the players themselves.

Who does the media have as the 06 Heisman candidates?  I figure that Young is the overwhelming favorite like Bush was this year.  Brady Quinn and the Smardejrljaeferf kid (the shark) will be going.  Maybe Lendale White if he sticks around (the media couldn't give them 3 straight NC's, so they might try for 3 straight Heismans).  So thats 4 right there.  Who from Ohio State are they going to pick?

209689[/snapback]

1. USCs new QB (fill in name here...)

2. USCs new RB (fill in name here...)

3. A Big XII QB (Oklahoma again?)

4. Brodie Croyle (retroactive to last year he DID win ten games)

5. Brady Quinn :puke:

Here's my early prediction. Sad part is that if I were a betting man, I would almost put the house on the line.

1) Brady Quinn

2) Adrian Peterson

3) Troy Smith

4) Ted Ginn Jr.

5) John David Booty

if Lendale White stays, you can substitute him in there for Booty.

thanks for playing, but we love the teams above too much:

Brian Brohm

Kenny Irons

Kenneth Darby

etc., etc., etc.

Don't forget the uat "phenom" Sally Jesse/ sarah jessica ...whatever. :big:

Archived