obomanu added to senior bowl

auwallace

haha. i thought the same thing. how cool will it look for Ben & Devin out wide and Mix in the slot. when they score, do you yell TD Auburn if Brodie throws it to 'em? :blink: i love watching the Senior Bowl. i guess it's since i am from Mobile and i used to go all the time growing up. i haven't been to one in years, though.

haha.  i thought the same thing.  how cool will it look for Ben & Devin out wide and Mix in the slot.  when they score, do you yell TD Auburn if Brodie throws it to 'em?  :blink:   i love watching the Senior Bowl.  i guess it's since i am from Mobile and i used to go all the time growing up.  i haven't been to one in years, though.

212077[/snapback]

me too, what part of mobile are you from? I went to murphy and graduated in 2000, grew up in west mobile.

when i was in school there they still held the practices at murphy, i watched from biology class. Also the meet and greet used to be awesome, you could take whatever you wanted and actually got to meet the guys and talk to them. It was the coolest thing as a kid.

Congrats to Ben.

Why do you think that Tommy Jackson was not invited to the Senior Bowl. He figures to be drafted as high or higher than some that were. Obviously I am no expert on the NFL draft or draft potential, but I think Tommy Jackson should have received an invitation to the Senior Bowl.

love watching the Senior Bowl. i guess it's since i am from Mobile and i used to go all the time growing up. i haven't been to one in years, though.

Same here, I hadn't been since the late 80's, and looking forward to going back again this year. The entire NFL basiacally comes to Mobile for this event, and The Senior Bowl is the premier college all-star game, good publicity for the city of Mobile. Most-importantly.......they sell beer at the stadium!

the senior bowl always does an excellent job of evaluating talent, there may be an overload of senior talent at interior D-Line and Tommy may have not made the cut. I can tell you though he got unbelievable consideration being an in state prospect. Bama and Auburn are always well represented, sells more tickets, if the roster is out look at the south roster to see.

I do know that vic knight, the director of operations has said that there is a ton of talent in the south this year and there will be players that would be traditionally on the south roster that will be on the north.

Imagine what a treat it will be for brodie to play behind offensive linemen that have talent and skill. :cheer:

hopefully the most overrated QB in the sec won't put the south in too deep of a hole. Cutler :vandy: should get the starting nod.

And will the north squad be sporting have you sacked brodie stickers on their helmets? I guess the tv talking heads will go on and on about how great brodie is,

even though at best he is just average. :nopity:

wonder which quarters he will claim they win.

Do any of you think Obamanu, Aromashodu or Mix will go high in the draft? I ask that not as a knock on any of them - I mean, heck fire, they were all 1000 yard guys and everyone knows Auburn is an NFL Pipeline - but are they first rounders? I have my doubts. Maybe high second.

Do any of you think Obamanu, Aromashodu or Mix will go high in the draft?  I ask that not as a knock on any of them - I mean, heck fire, they were all 1000 yard guys and everyone knows Auburn is an NFL Pipeline - but are they first rounders?  I have my doubts.  Maybe high second.

212152[/snapback]

No way are they first rounders. They won't get drafted early IMO. Maybe 4th rd and beyond.

haha.  i thought the same thing.  how cool will it look for Ben & Devin out wide and Mix in the slot.  when they score, do you yell TD Auburn if Brodie throws it to 'em?   :blink:    i love watching the Senior Bowl.  i guess it's since i am from Mobile and i used to go all the time growing up.  i haven't been to one in years, though.

212077[/snapback]

me too, what part of mobile are you from? I went to murphy and graduated in 2000, grew up in west mobile.

212081[/snapback]

i'm from Wilmer. Mary G. Montgomery high school, '96. i never got to go to any practices, but we used to go to the autograph sessions back when they would actually sign stuff for you. now they give out those little cards.

Archived