Cecil Hurt confirms it

GalensGhost

If i am right, and i believe that i am, Coach Bryant ran Cecil Hurts tail off during Bryants first season at Bammer.

215015[/snapback]

I'm thinking that was the T-Town Sports editors Father or Grandfather. I don't think this Cecil is old enough to have been on that team.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nitpick all you want. But even if you take out 78 and 41...10 NCs is reeeeeeaaaaaallly freaking good.

Ya but a majority of those other 10 are bull too

Hell, UGA could claim 5 NC's! But come on....we didn't actually win 5. I would say we honestly won 2

214973[/snapback]

I love how people try to marginalize our NCs for whatever reason. Even college football data warehouse recognizes us with 10.

Here's something you may be more familiar with: 21 SEC championships. There those arent "in dispute" are they?

I swear man...everytime something is posted about bama over here, you slam them harder than the AU people.

Nitpick all you want. But even if you take out 78 and 41...10 NCs is reeeeeeaaaaaallly freaking good.

Hell, UGA could claim 5 NC's! But come on....we didn't actually win 5. I would say we honestly won 2

214973[/snapback]

I love how people try to marginalize our NCs for whatever reason. Even college football data warehouse recognizes us with 10.

Here's something you may be more familiar with: 21 SEC championships. There those arent "in dispute" are they?

I swear man...everytime something is posted about bama over here, you slam them harder than the AU people.

215069[/snapback]

I don't think anyone will debate you on how great bama was. I just think claiming anything outside of AP or UPI(espn) is asinine. That includes Auburn.

214973[/snapback]

215069[/snapback]

bg, I can't really remember a post in which slink "bashed" uat. He may be guilty of telling the truth. I know for a fact that some of the uat ilk have a hard time with that concept. B)

I don't think anyone will debate you on how great bama was. I just think claiming anything outside of AP or UPI(espn) is asinine. That includes Auburn

Thats fair. Per that formula we have 7. And 6 other undefeated seasons that dont fall under your criteria for a NC.

I don't think anyone will debate you on how great bama was. I just think claiming anything outside of AP or UPI(espn) is asinine. That includes Auburn

Thats fair. Per that formula we have 7. And 6 other undefeated seasons that dont fall under your criteria for a NC.

215094[/snapback]

Soooooo.....Do UNDEFEATED seasons count as MNC? :D

OKAY ! ! ! :au::cheer:

Not at all

Like what?

Bama claiming 12 NC's is beyond laughable. I just showed you how ridiculous claiming NC's can be by UGA being able to claim 5...when in reality it is obvious some Joe-Schmo poll has little to no relevance.

If you take that as me bashing Bama, you need to get a lot tougher skin

Yale has won 18. :big:

http://homepages.cae.wisc.edu/~dwilson/rsf...lin/champs.html

215069[/snapback]

Well now that you mention it, yes. What about the 1972 SEC championship? What was the score of the AU vs. UA game? Each team ended the season with ONE SEC loss and of course in head to head play, Bama lost to AUBURN. But Bama was awarded the SEC championship because they had scheduled an extra SEC game with,,,,,,,,,,,the mighty Vanderbilt Commodores. The Barr started scheduling an extra SEC game so even if they lost a conference game they would usually still have as many or more wins than anyone else.

Yale has won 18.   :big:

http://homepages.cae.wisc.edu/~dwilson/rsf...lin/champs.html

215069[/snapback]

Well now that you mention it, yes. What about the 1972 SEC championship? What was the score of the AU vs. UA game? Each team ended the season with ONE SEC loss and of course in head to head play, Bama lost to AUBURN. But Bama was awarded the SEC championship because they had scheduled an extra SEC game with,,,,,,,,,,,the mighty Vanderbilt Commodores. The Barr started scheduling an extra SEC game so even if they lost a conference game they would usually still have as many or more wins than anyone else.

215105[/snapback]

:lol::lol::lol: GREAT point! ! ! B)

But we still had a better record. Its not like the SEC/NCAA would let one school schedule an extra game but not another.

Similar to AU fans whining about us playing hawaii when we were on probation. Saying it was cheating...but if it was cheating...why was it still within NCAA rules?

...That's like a murderer complaining that he can't be a good father or get a job because he got sentenced to life in prison.

214715[/snapback]

Yeah, but what if the crime "didn't really happen", the "murderer" was framed by some vast conspiracy, everyone was out to get him because they were jealous of his great tradition, the crime was committed by a hit man he had no control over, lots of others were bidding to get the same contract, the police failed to warn him not to do it, the courts were biased, and the sentence was too harsh for the crime? :rolleyes::big:

214951[/snapback]

Well, I'll tell you what I would do.....

BLAME PHIL FULMER

But we still had a better record. Its not like the SEC/NCAA would let one school schedule an extra game but not another.

Similar to AU fans whining about us playing hawaii when we were on probation. Saying it was cheating...but if it was cheating...why was it still within NCAA rules?

215122[/snapback]

First of all you didn't have a better record within the conference, BOTH school had ONE loss. Bammer had a slightly better win percentage because they scheduled an extra SEC game. They scheduled the extra SEC game just to have a better conference record percentage wise. They did it specifically to have an advantage. If Bammer was right and pure in their motives by doing that, why did the SEC later change the rule and they had to specify which SEC games would count toward the championship. So if you like and think that Bama was right and pure in that situation, I would have to conclude that one of your role model was/is

portrait-snidley.jpg

Secondly, I never and I know of no AUBURN fans saying that you guys playing Hawaii was cheating.

It was merely another example of Bama clearly skirting the intent of and the spirit of the rules (that is nothing new is it?). If playing Hawaii was such a good idea, why have you guys not done so before? When do you plan on playing them again?

It was merely another example of Bama clearly skirting the intent of and the spirit of the rules (that is nothing new is it?).  If playing Hawaii was such a good idea, why have you guys not done so before?  When do you plan on playing them again?

215178[/snapback]

They play Sept. 2nd 2006 in West Vance.

But I agree the only reason Alabama scheduled the away games with Hawaii was to give their players a pusedo bowl game. It was an extended middle finger toward the authority of the NCAA.

It was merely another example of Bama clearly skirting the intent of and the spirit of the rules (that is nothing new is it?).  If playing Hawaii was such a good idea, why have you guys not done so before?  When do you plan on playing them again?

215178[/snapback]

They play Sept. 2nd 2006 in West Vance.

But I agree the only reason Alabama scheduled the away games with Hawaii was to give their players a pusedo bowl game. It was an extended middle finger toward the authority of the NCAA.

215228[/snapback]

thats exactly what it was...and the NCAA should have stopped it from happening..

Guys give me a break, the hawaii game shouldn't bother you this much. The NCAA didn't stop it from happening because it was perfectly legal.

P.S. bg, the REASON for probation is CHEATING (Or, in uat terms, CAUGHT cheating). Deal with that aspect and you will be making progress. :moon:

214661[/snapback]

Of course, they can't spell CAUGHT without UT....

P.S. bg, the REASON for probation is CHEATING (Or, in uat terms, CAUGHT cheating). Deal with that aspect and you will be making progress. :moon:

214661[/snapback]

215316[/snapback]

Can you spell caught without it? :P:D

214661[/snapback]

215316[/snapback]

Can you spell caught without it? :P:D

215343[/snapback]

You can't spell CHEATING ($200,000.00 in a briefcase carried by a coach) without uat ! ! ! :lol::lol::roflol::roflol:

...That's like a murderer complaining that he can't be a good father or get a job because he got sentenced to life in prison.

214715[/snapback]

Yeah, but what if the crime "didn't really happen", the "murderer" was framed by some vast conspiracy, everyone was out to get him because they were jealous of his great tradition, the crime was committed by a hit man he had no control over, lots of others were bidding to get the same contract, the police failed to warn him not to do it, the courts were biased, and the sentence was too harsh for the crime? :rolleyes::big:

214951[/snapback]

Well, I'll tell you what I would do.....

BLAME PHIL FULMER

215131[/snapback]

:roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol:

Archived